Glacier Express reservation

• amarmistry
    Participant
    35 posts
    24 April 2018 at 15:37:26 #815507

I am trying to book reservation on Glacier Express for July 08 or Jul 09 from Chur to Zermatt and it shows its not available. Is the reservation not open yet or it actually got fully booked? I get the following two messages on the page:”

1. “There are not enough seats available. Please select another connection.”

2 “For your travel date you can currently only book the reservation. The tickets can unfortunately only be bought 2 months in advance.” I do not even know what this means. I am using shop.glacierexpress.ch /.

Looks like I might just need to do part of Glacier Express and not the whole route since my base will be in Interlaken and I do not want to pack and unpack to stay one night in Zematt. any recommendation on which one of the following two will be a better option?

a. Brig to Zermatt

b. Chur to Andermatt

c. Any other section

I am also planning on doing Gotthard Panorama Express. I haven’t tried reservation yet.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 18:11:01 #883111

Hi amarmistry,

1. I tried as well, but I didn’t get this message.
    2. I do get this message. It simply means that you can reserve your seat (which is compulsory), but the tickets can only be purchased 2 months before your travel date. If you’re traveling with a Swiss rail pass, you don’t need tickets.
    3. Read here: http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress how you should plan your trip from Interlaken.
    amarmistry
    Participant
    35 posts
    24 April 2018 at 19:07:39 #883112

Thank you Chantal.

So I can just reserve seats but not necessarily have to ‘buy’ it because I will have Swiss Travel Pass?

If so, where do I indicate I have STP so they don’t charge me? I retried and I have attached the screenshot of the message I get.

Amar

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2018 at 19:24:09 #883113

Hi Amar,

The price shown, is only for the reservation. It looks like it’s sold out for your preferred time. You’ll have to select a different departure time.

• The thread ‘Glacier Express reservation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.