Going to Liechtenstein with a Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 December 2017 at 14:52:15 #813819

Hi,

I would like to visit Liechtenstein from Berne around the 20th of December and I have a swiss pass. Will the swiss pass allow me to go to Vaduz or other cities in Liechtenstein by train? Or will I have to take a bus from the border?

Thank you!

Arijit

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 December 2017 at 20:41:09 #872870

Hi Arijit,

Please have a look at this thread: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/swiss-travel-pass-in-liechenstein.

The pass covers train/bus travel to a couple towns in Liechtenstein.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 December 2017 at 23:27:00 #872871

Hi Arijit,

>> Will the swiss pass allow me to go to Vaduz or other cities in Liechtenstein by train?

The Swiss Travel Pass will cover your train travel to Buchs SG in Switzerland, on the border with Liechtenstein. It can’t be used for train journeys beyond the Swiss border, only for the PostAuto bus routes shown as yellow lines on the attached screen shot.

International trains coming from Switzerland don’t stop at any stations in Liechtenstein in any case. Trains that do stop in Liechtenstein are regional trains run by the ÖBB (Austrian Railways), and ÖBB fares apply.

>> will I have to take a bus from the border?

Yes, you will. You can plan your route using the Swiss Timetable:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Going to Liechtenstein with a Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.