Golden Pass at 08:44 invisible to reserve a seat

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2019 at 2:22:26 #822482

Hi – I promise I’ve read the forum FAQ and all the pages on the so-called Golden Pass trains/routes — here and elsewhere. While I know reservations are possible but not necessary for these trains — I would like to book a reservation for one of the two daily Belle Epoque trains from Montreux-Zweisimmen. On the MOB site, the static schedule shows trains leaving Lausanne and arriving in Lucerne. It shows the Belle Epoque trains leaving from Montreux only at 08:44 and 13:44. BUT when I go to their linked page to make a reservation, the earliest time available is the 09:44 out of Montreux. Any ideas what’s going on? Is the static schedule out of date?

Thank you for a great site and resource.

Nico

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2019 at 2:25:23 #916106

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2019 at 3:13:59 #916107

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that I did find the 08:44 train on the SBB site. However, this problem/question remains — probably an easy one and I hope not clearly answered elsewhere:

– The train is clearly marked Reservations Required. But there seems only to be an option of purchasing tickets. I’ve gone most of the way through the process — up until you must put in a credit card — and see no other option. I have a Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days and so won’t need to purchase a ticket, just a seat reservation. This was possible for the Glacier Express; I was able to purchase it through the site of the individual train company rather than SBB itself.

Arno
    15471 posts
    26 June 2019 at 7:09:04 #916108

Hi Nico,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Thanks for your compliments 🙂 What’s your travel date?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 June 2019 at 16:00:30 #916109

Hello Arno!

My mom and I are traveling in Switzerland from July 19th – 23rd (not very long!) — we’re coming from France and heading to Germany. I’m looking at the Belle Epoque trains on the 20th.

Arno
    15471 posts
    27 June 2019 at 6:30:49 #916110

Hi Nico,

I’m not sure if it was different yesterday, but I just tried and the train shows up (see the attachment). Only a few seats are left. That doesn’t mean it’s actually full, but the seats they allow reservation for are nearly all taken. The link on http://www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass/tickets under “More information” get you to their reservations system.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass at 08:44 invisible to reserve a seat’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10720 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.