Golden Pass reservations Zweisimmen to Montreux?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2018 at 3:17:29 #814347

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can help me I am trying to reserve seats on the Interlaken to montreux leg of the golden pass either panoramic or classic 1st class for 13 May 2018. I don’t seem to be able to reserve the seats. Can anyone help me as to where I would go to reserve seats for the zweisimmen to montreux on the panoramic or classic for 13 May 2018? Many thanks. (we will be travelling with a swiss flexi pass but we really wanted to try and reserve the VIP seats in the panoramic)

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 February 2018 at 4:02:24 #876222

Hi Pippie and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

You’ve picked a time when reservations are not possible due to some construction work on the line.

See Golden Pass Line changes and construction work (http://www.mystsnet.com/en/ne ws/bauarbeiten-mob-strecken/) (http://www.mystsnet.com/filea dmin/doc/01_News/Const ruction_works_MOB.pdf)

The bus detour is no big deal but getting a VIP seat will be pot luck.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 February 2018 at 4:31:42 #876223

Many thanks for the update!!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2018 at 0:08:18 #876224

Hi there,

If I’m understanding correctly, for my travel date of April 28, 2018, leaving from Interlaken… I can book Interlaken to Zweissman but will not be able to book Zweissman to Montruex? Furthermore, there is a portion of the Zweissman to Montrux leg that is on a bus? Is there any document indicating how long this bus portion is?

Thank you!

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 February 2018 at 1:41:21 #876225

Hello Rachel,

Interlaken to Zweisimmen is just a regular train – reservations are not required.

The bus detour is between Château-d’Oex and Montbovon. It’s about 12Km and will take under 20 mins. The SBB timetable will reflect the changed travel times.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2018 at 1:53:46 #876226

Hi Rachel, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

>> Is there any document indicating how long this bus portion is?

Further to rockoyster’s advice, the attached diagram might help you to see the replacement bus sector between Château-d’Oex and Montbovon in context.

Alpenrose

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 February 2018 at 2:02:11 #876227

Or . . . .

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 February 2018 at 3:09:12 #876228

Thank you for the information. As there are likely to be quite a few tourists doing the same route is the transfer from train to bus and back to train pretty obvious?

Also, so even though interlaken to Z. is a normal train, if I were to book a reservation, it would be through the golden pass website?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 February 2018 at 3:36:17 #876229

The bus transfer will be seamless. The Swiss Railways are VERY efficient at this sort of thing.

You should be able to make reservations at the MOB or the SBB sites. Depending on what time you depart Interlaken Ost there will most likely be a change of trains at Spiez. The direct trains depart at 9:08, 13:08, 15:08,17:08.

I would be surprised if the trains will be that busy on 13 May.

• The thread ‘Golden Pass reservations Zweisimmen to Montreux?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.