Help finding a Swiss town based on road signs

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2016 at 11:57:35 #808533

I have an old photo of my grandmother in Switzerland. Behind her are some road signs. I am not quite aware of what the sign indicates, either distance in km or perhaps motorway routes. If anyone can gather anything helpful from the photo, I would greatly appreciate any input. I am trying to get a general idea of which city or town the photo was taken in.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    5 March 2016 at 0:56:28 #849027

Hi Katevalk.

Possibly, near Brienz.

Check this map:

map.search.ch/?x=-16952m&y=-13168m&z=16

Not sure that distances match, but they come close.

Slowpoke

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 March 2016 at 7:21:50 #849028

Brienz indeed makes sense, as there are two roads in opposite directions to Interlaken (at least nowadays). Also there still is a road number 6 connecting Meiringen to Thun via Brienz, so it could be roads numbers too.

• The thread ‘Help finding a Swiss town based on road signs’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.