Help for new summer timetable 2018 announcements

• Memok
    Participant
    16 posts
    5 July 2018 at 17:46:12 #817102

Hi

I already purched international journey ticket last month from SBB and they send it to my country by DHL

Now i see announcements

http://www.sbb.ch/en/timetabl e/rail-traffic-information/summertime table2018.html

regarding some construction but actually i don’t understand if my journey will affect or not

I attached my journey can u plz advise me and explain to me what will happened as there is note in the end of the pdf and i now scared as i pay alot of money + already booked hotel in Grindelwald

” Construction work: Between Gelterkinden and Tecknau engineering work is in progress. Between Gelterkinden and Tecknau on the line Basel SBB – Olten, engineering work is in progress.

Please allow for cancellations of trains as well as changed journey times and changed connections.

Duration from 30.06.2018 02:00 until 13.08.2018 04:00.

The online timetable at SBB will be changed.”

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15481 posts
    5 July 2018 at 18:21:25 #890332

Hi Memok,

I just posted this, it may help you out: http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/train-delays-in-switzerland-summer-2018

No need to worry about your trip. Rail reconstructions and maintenance projects in Switzerland never mean that travelers can’t reach their destination. You may experience a bit of a delay on the Basel to Olten leg while traveling from France to Grindelwald, but that’s about it. The whole Jungfrau region (Grindelwald, Interlaken, etc.) is not affected.

Enjoy your stay!

Memok
    Participant
    16 posts
    5 July 2018 at 18:25:26 #890333

Thanx for you kindly Support

• The thread ‘Help for new summer timetable 2018 announcements’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.