How can I make reservation of Golden Pass/VIP Seat

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 18:37:14 #812146

I would like to make reservation for Golden Pass and VIP seats on my travel from Montreux to Wengen (Montreux to Zweismmen and Zweismmen to Interlaken Ost.). Couldn’t find the sites. Would appreciate if you please share the link. I have purchased STP Family Card. Will there be additional charge for reservations?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 3:38:29 #864605

>> I would like to make reservation for Golden Pass and VIP seats on my travel from Montreux to Wengen (Montreux to Zweismmen and Zweismmen to Interlaken Ost.)

Do you have a first class or second class Swiss Travel Pass? If you have a second class Swiss Travel Pass, you will need to purchase an upgrade to first class for this trip if you wish to reserve VIP seats.

As far as I know, there are only two departures daily in each direction with the VIP seats. From Montreux these are at 9:44 and 15:44. At Zweisimmen you change trains, and there are no VIP seats on the train from Zweisimmen to Interlaken Ost, so you only need to upgrade and reserve for the Montreux to Zweisimmen sector. You can purchase a class upgrade if necessary from any staffed railway station in Switzerland.

If you want to reserve for the Zweisimmen to Interlaken Ost sector, just make second class reservations.

>> Couldn’t find the sites. Would appreciate if you please share the link. I have purchased STP Family Card. Will there be additional charge for reservations?

I assume you mean you have purchased a Swiss Travel Pass for all adults and any children aged 16 or over, and have the free Swiss Family Card to cover any children aged 6 to 15?

Reservations for VIP seats cost CHF 15 for each seat, including those occupied by your child/children. Normal reservations cost CHF 8 for each seat. Reservations can be made on the site below:

reservations.mob.ch/re servation/reservation/ reservation/reservatio n/reservation/reservat ion/reservation/reserv ation/reservation/rese rvation/f?p=151:1:25772424660460 16::NO:::

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 9:05:19 #864606

Also, to search for all train schedules on any route use the Swiss railways timetable here.

and read more about the Golden Pass train here.

Depending on the day there are several panoramic trains operating from Montreux to Zweisimmen. On the timetable you want the train listed as “MOB Panoramic”. The other panoramic train is listed as “Belle Epoque” which, while panoramic, does not offer those VIP seats you want.

It will be clear on the reservation link Alpenrose gave you as well – there is a seat map to choose the front facing VIP seats when available

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 12:18:41 #864607

Thanks Alpenrose and Lucas for your inputs. Yes, I have STP Family Pass for 2 adults and 3 kids. Can I upgrade it onboard?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 12:35:04 #864608

No, you will need to upgrade at the station before boarding the train.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 June 2017 at 17:13:22 #864609

In BEX and GEX also, I made seat reservation in the first class with 2nd class STP. Someone told me that I can upgrade those onboard in BEX/GEX. Is it correct? or do I need to upgrade at the station for BEX/GEX as well?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2017 at 6:31:03 #864610

No, you will need to upgrade at a train station (you can’t board a train without the correct ticket for the correct class – they fine you for that (and then will upgrade you) :). Although you could get a very nice train conductor who won’t fine you and just do the upgrade…but why take the chance.

You can upgrade your ticket at any station in Switzerland – no need to leave it to the last minute!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2017 at 14:02:23 #864611

Thanks Lucas. I will upgrade in advance. As I understand from your mail, I can upgrade all such tickets like BEX, GEX and Golden Pass all at a time in advance in any Swiss Station, correct?

I will enter Switzerland through Tirano from Milan. So I will upgrade tickets of all three trains at Tirano.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 June 2017 at 20:04:42 #864612

Yes, make sure you reserve the 1st class seat in advance, but the upgrade to 1st class can be done at any time at any rail station office before boarding.

Have a great trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 June 2017 at 3:07:41 #864613

>> I will enter Switzerland through Tirano from Milan. So I will upgrade tickets of all three trains at Tirano.

Just be aware that there are two stations at Tirano – they are adjacent to each other. You will arrive at the Italian station (a yellow building) and need to transfer to the adjacent station (a white building), from where the Bernina Express leaves. You should do your upgrades in the Bernina Express station (see attached screenshot from Google Maps).

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘How can I make reservation of Golden Pass/VIP Seat’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.