Knowing which side of Glacier Express I am booking

• MelindaE
    Participant
    8 posts
    3 April 2017 at 21:44:28 #811268

Hi, I have been advised to book on the right hand side for our trip on Glacier Express for our trip from Brig to Chur. When looking at the carriage on booking screen can someone tell me if seat at top of carriage are on the left or right side? I have attached a screen shot if that helps

Thanks for any help with this

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2017 at 2:46:16 #860963

I have the same confusion as well. I’ve written an email to glacier express info email, hoping to have a reply soon.

So if going from Brig to Chur, which side would have better views?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 April 2017 at 5:51:29 #860964

Hello MelindE and mystmao,

The recommended side to sit on varies – see here http://www.myswissalps.com/gl acierexpress/gettingth ere

I’m just an amateur but from my investigations for a trip in late May I concluded it is not possible to predict which side of the train you’ll end up on when you make bookings. I have stopped stressing about it.

The experts may have a different opinion.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2017 at 8:05:14 #860965

Hi MelindaE and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Yes, on this train it really is unknown what side you are booking. Both sides have great views I think. It isn’t always fully booked so feel free to move around!

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2017 at 8:06:26 #860966

Hi Mystmao welcome also to MySwissAlps!

Please let us know what they say to your email – very interesting to hear!

Cheers,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2017 at 14:35:13 #860967

They replied my email. Given that I’m travelling from Chur to Brig, the bottom seats are the left side(what I selected on and took a screenshot and sent to them).

Here is the reply:

“At the moment you are on the left side. But as our trains and wagons can be changed it is never guaranteed that you are on this side.

The Glacier Express is running with panoramic wagons with huge windows. You have a wonderfull view from every seat.

We thank you for your booking and wish you a wonderfull journey.”

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2017 at 15:51:10 #860968

Ah ok good to know.

So bottom seats may be left….but no guarantee of course….and really the views are good on both sides!

Lucas

• The thread ‘Knowing which side of Glacier Express I am booking’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.