Is using BlaBlaCar reliable?

• Fritzrab
    Participant
    45 posts
    25 October 2017 at 19:41:23 #813565

BlaBlaCar.com sounds like a great offering. Do people like it, is it reliable? Thanks,

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 October 2017 at 1:55:16 #871251

Doesn’t seem to operate in Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 October 2017 at 6:17:01 #871252

Hi Fritzrab,

Interesting concept! I’ve heard of it around Europe but have no first-hand knowledge of it here.

Fritzrab
    Participant
    45 posts
    26 October 2017 at 14:06:48 #871253

Actually it does operate in Switzerland but you have to “enter” the site as if you are from another country. I use the UK so it is in English. Here is an example of ride offer from the Geneva airport to Montreux.

Fritzrab
    Participant
    45 posts
    26 October 2017 at 16:00:09 #871254

FYI: This was the response from BlaBlaCar to my question about their service in Switzerland

“Thank you for your email.

Our members can book and offer rides anywhere in the world. The countries you can choose from are where we’re officially present. Even if Switzerland isn’t among those countries, you can still carpool there and book your rides online.

Michael from BlaBlaCar Member Relations”

• The thread ‘Is using BlaBlaCar reliable?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.