Itinerary advice for 4 days trip from Zurich

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2018 at 4:36:23 #876692

Oo I see,That’s mean better I take train from SPIEZ to Interlaken OST-then take another train to Interlaken West?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 February 2018 at 4:40:46 #876693

The train from Spiez to Interlaken Ost stops at Interlaken West on the way so you can get off there. Interlaken Ost and West are only a 5 minute train ride apart.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 February 2018 at 7:52:36 #876694

Thank you rockoyster.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2018 at 9:56:03 #876695

Hello ..

We will arrive Zurich Airport about 7PM .And we will take a PEGASUS Flight from Zurich airport to Istanbul on the next day 2PM.

So within this time we will stay at Zurich Apart Hotel for 1 night.May I know for this limit time from 7PM to next day 2PM,which place in Zurich we can explore?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2018 at 10:24:08 #876696

Hi Maizon,

You could head into Zurich for dinner if you like that night. Try Zeughauskeller.

The next day you could do a lake cruise, visit Uetliberg for nice views over Zurich or do a self-guided walking tour. Of course, shopping is popular here in Zurich as well if you are interested (and have the money!).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2018 at 0:30:13 #876697

Hi All,

I saw in the FB this picture.May I know what is the train and which route can I saw this beautiful scenery?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 April 2018 at 1:49:32 #876698

That is the Landwasser viaduct. You cross it on the Bernina Express (http://www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress) or regional trains covering the same route. When heading south the viaduct is just before your reach Filisur.

For more see this thread bit.ly/2uDxIE7. 😎

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    2 April 2018 at 2:54:52 #876699

Hi Rockoyster,

I read the thread.and Lucas said”If you are heading to Chur, the viaduct is shortly after you leave Filisur station. The train slows down for it and announcements are usually made as well.”

My question,If I took route as shown by this picture,can I meet the Landwasser viaduct?

Then,1 more things,If I have swiss travel pass,I just pay CHF33 per person return for Benina Express?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    2 April 2018 at 3:01:50 #876700

Yes you will cross the Landwasser Viaduct on that route. You can follow that route in a clockwise or anti-clockwise direction. It depends which way round you go as to when you will reach the viaduct. Clockwise just before Filisur and anti-clockwise after Filisur. You have to be quick to get photos.

This might be of interest if you want to do the whole trip in one day from Zurich – Gotthard Bernina Circular Tour (http://www.rhb.ch/en/tickets-travelcards/promotions /gotthard-bernina-circular-tour).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2018 at 3:37:58 #876701

Hello,

I need some advise for my itinerary in Switzerland.I have 3 short time as below;

1.I arrive Geneva at afternoon 2PM. And plan to overnight Geneva and took the free geneva transport card.The next day I will buy 3 days swiss pass because My next train is in the next day early morning to Montreux.Is it better if I stay at Montreux?Or is it better if I take swiss travel pass starting from 1 day I arrive Geneva?

2.I will take train in the early morning 6AM from Zurich and plan to visit Lautherbrunnen.I also plan to take any Cable car/furnicular .I have about 12 hour until my train back to zurich.Which area I can go within this time and can take cable car? I saw in swiss travel

3.I arrive Luzern at afternoon 3PM and my train to zurich at night 8PM. During this short time can I take any nearby free boat with swiss travel pass?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 April 2018 at 4:25:24 #876702

Would you be able to spell out your itinerary on a day by day basis. Your questions 1, 2, 3 mke it a bit hard to work out where exactly you are going each day.

There is no point wasting a day off a Swiss Travel Pass to go from Geneva to Montreux. Whether you should go to Montreux on your day of arrival at Geneva is another question.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2018 at 4:58:26 #876703

Hi rockoyster,

Sorry to make you confusing.here is my itinerary.I decide with 4 days in Switzerland,a MUST thing to do is Panaramic MOB Belle Epoque and BENINA express.That’s why my itinerary is like this attachment.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    3 April 2018 at 5:25:09 #876704

Ok now I understand.

I would go direct from Geneva Airport to Montreux. You will time to have a look around Montreux in the late afternoon evening and have a more relaxed start the next day. Geneva to Montreux is NOT part of the Golden Pass Line.

Once you reach Luzern I would say you would have enough time to catch a boat to Vitznau or Weggis. If you had the energy you could even continue to Rigi (http://www.myswissalps.com/ri gi/gettingthere) and still get back to Luzern in time to continue to Zurich. You would need to check the timetables closely.

Otherwise you could check boat timetables here http://www.lakelucerne.ch/en/ timetable-fares/timetable/ (make sure you pick the right season for your travel dates).

Lauterbrunnen a very nice circuit to do is to Grütschalp (cable car), Mürren (cogwheel train), Gimmelwald (cable car), Stechelberg (cable car), Lauterbrunnen (bus). From Mürren you can easily visit Schiltorn if you have time. All free with Swiss Travel Pass. In between Stechelberg and Lauterbrunnen the bus stops at the Trummelbach Falls. Well worth a look.

Are you doing the day trip on the Bernina Express using the Gotthard Bernina Circular Tour – see http://www.rhb.ch/en/tickets-travelcards/promotions /gotthard-bernina-circular-tour)?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 April 2018 at 6:22:15 #876705

Thank you very much for your advice,Looks like your idea is good and I have more clear what should I do.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2018 at 2:35:55 #876706

Hi rockoyster,

I saw link http://www.rhb.ch/en/tickets-travelcards/promotions /gotthard-bernina-circular-tour)? and try to make booking 1 day trip. What i understand from the info that I read is;

1.The promotion is free from Zurich to Lugano.

2.If I have Swiss travel pass I can get discount and just pay CHF 33. My question is,do I need to buy Swiss Travel pass first before booking Benina Express?

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    9 April 2018 at 2:48:44 #876707

You don’t need to buy the Swiss Travel Pass before making reservations. You just need it by the time you step on a train.

They only show you the GA Travelcard as a reduction option but that will get you the right price.

I can’t see why a STP would not work just as well as a GA Card but it may pay to contact RHB just to confirm that. You can book exactly the same trip yourself at http://www.rhb.ch/en/panorami c-trains/bernina-express#cart and see the STP options. The legs Zurich to Lugano and Chur to Zurich are free with an STP anyway.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2018 at 6:17:34 #876708

Thank you very much for the info.Very helpful.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 April 2018 at 6:27:28 #876709

they write a note like this “1 Passengers with flat-rate tickets such as Swiss Travel Pass / Eurail-Pass / Interrail etc. should select the «GA» reduced price in step 2 of the booking.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    9 April 2018 at 6:48:34 #876710

Well that’s good – thanks for letting me know.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 April 2018 at 10:01:52 #876711

Hi rockoyster,

In your comment you said about “Once you reach Luzern I would say you would have enough time to catch a boat to Vitznau or Weggis”. Is it you mean Lake Lucerne?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • The thread ‘Itinerary advice for 4 days trip from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.