Lake Lucerne cruise & Swiss Travel Pass

• cspratik
    Participant
    44 posts
    1 April 2018 at 5:44:50 #815078

Hi,

I was looking at website of lake lucerne. I saw so many special cruises on that. Would like to know does all these cover in STP?

Suppose if I take a boat from Lucerne to any place, does that also have facility of food? Can I bring my food with me while travelling on boat?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    1 April 2018 at 6:15:13 #880602

You can take any ferry on Lake Lucerne free with a Swiss Travel Pass. Some of the boats have a dining room on the upper deck which requires an upgrade to 1st Class to access.

You can take your own food with you on a boat or train in Switzerland.

You will find the timetable for regular ferries on the lake to download at http://www.lakelucerne.ch/en/ timetable-fares/timetable/. The timetable shows what facilities (bar, snacks, dining room etc) are on each boat. The boats marked with the icon per attached are traditional paddle steamers. Very nice to ride.

Those specially themed cruises you have in your screenshot to are most probably not covered by the STP. I’m not sure on that one but I’d stick to regular ferries. Much more flexible. Hop on and off wherever you like and much better value.

cspratik
    Participant
    44 posts
    1 April 2018 at 6:37:52 #880603

Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 April 2018 at 13:10:45 #880604

>> Would like to know does all these cover in STP?

Most culinary cruises require a special ticket. For some (not all) a discount is offered for passengers with a Half Fare card or GA. With a Swiss Travel Pass, you would probably get the same discount as for the GA, which would be on the travel component, not on the food – but you would need to check. Please note, these are mostly special occasion cruises, different from the normal cruises on the lake.

There is more information here that might interest you. Details for each cruise include prices and any applicable discounts:

tinyurl.com/yat9cgwn

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Lake Lucerne cruise & Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.