9AM flight from Geneva-stay in Lausanne or Geneva?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    18 June 2016 at 1:16:31 #809471

Planning to visit Geneva for 2-3 days, I would like to stay in the Lausanne area for those days, however flight out of Geneva is at9.20 am on a Sunday, would it be easy to travel from Lausanne to Geneva airport via train or should I just stay in the Geneva area and travel to Lausanne?

Thanks,

Maya.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    18 June 2016 at 8:20:35 #853222

Hi Maya-

Welcome to My Swiss Alps.

The train service to Geneva Aeroport is quite good. See attached screen grab.

You may find it easier and cheaper to take the train from Lausanne than a taxi from somewhere in Geneva, although traffic should be light early on a Sunday. On a weekday morning, it can be slow and expensive from “hotel row” along the lakefront.

Note that the fares visible in the screen grab are 50% discounted as shown, since most Swiss residents carry a “half-fare” card.

The timetable is your friend:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

If you click on the “+” sign to the left of an individua journey, you will get a lot of details.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘9AM flight from Geneva-stay in Lausanne or Geneva?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.