Lausanne to Chillon Castle by boat & Eurail Pass?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2016 at 20:00:00 #808706

Hi,

Is it possible to take the boat/cruise on Lake Geneva from Lausanne to Chillon Castle? If possible, can you please advice which boat dock I should get to in Lausanne and which one to get off at Chillon Castle?

We have the Eurail Select Pass, so the cruise will be free with the pass? Will there different boat/cruise operators/routes? How can I know which will be free with the pass?

Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    24 March 2016 at 1:21:50 #849781

Hi Kareen –

The answers depend on when you will be there. In the summer, you can do that.

When are you going?

http://www.cgn.ch/en-gb/accueil.aspx

Slowpoke

Arno
    15471 posts
    24 March 2016 at 8:30:13 #849782

There’s one operator and all their regular scheduled boats are free. There’s only one dock (for these boats) in Lausanne: in the Ouchy area (see the map at myswissalps.com/ boatlakegeneva). And there’s only one near the castle as well. You can’t miss it.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2016 at 14:40:54 #849783

Thanks Arno and Slowpoke! We will be going there this Saturday, 26 Mar.

Will our plan still work?

Thank you!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    24 March 2016 at 16:43:44 #849784

Hi Kareen.

The answer is in the link I gave you above.

Did you check it?

Attached is a screen capture of the schedule for March 26th from that web site.

Slowpoke

PS –

I double checked with the timetable,

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

and got a puzzling result. It claims that there are several boats on Sunday, but none on Saturday. See other attachment.

A phone call to the CGN might be a good idea.

Contacts are listed on the home page:

http://www.cgn.ch/en-gb/accueil.aspx

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2016 at 18:57:14 #849785

Hi Slowpoke,

I am sorry. I actually missed your link earlier. I just checked on that link and it shows that there is just one trip scheduled at 1230h to reach Chillon at 1420h. This should be perfect for us if we get there in time :-p. We are planning to leave Zurich (9.30am) to arrive in Lausanne at around 11.30am.

Can I assume that the tram system in Lausanne is similar to that in Zurich? As in I can just buy the tickets for the tram at the tram stops?

Thank you all so much! All these information has been so super helpful.

Kareen

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2016 at 19:04:36 #849786

Hi,

I am sorry that this is a bit off-topic. But I saw from the link that Slowpoke gave that there is a route from Lausanne to Evian. Is this the same Evian as the bottled Evian water?! Will we actually be able to see the spring or mountain or facility where the water is bottled?

Kareen

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    24 March 2016 at 23:35:57 #849787

<<” 9 posts

Mar 24, 2016 – 7:04 PM

Hi,

I am sorry that this is a bit off-topic. But I saw from the link that Slowpoke gave that there is a route from Lausanne to Evian. Is this the same Evian as the bottled Evian water?!”>>

Yes.

<<“Will we actually be able to see the spring or mountain or facility where the water is bottled?”>>

I don’t know. perhaps they have a web site.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    24 March 2016 at 23:38:10 #849788

<<“I am sorry. I actually missed your link earlier. I just checked on that

link and it shows that there is just one trip scheduled at 1230h to

reach Chillon at 1420h. This should be perfect for us if we get there in

time :-p. We are planning to leave Zurich (9.30am) to arrive in

Lausanne at around 11.30am.”>>

Please check both the attachments above. There is something puzzling about the schedules.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 March 2016 at 23:58:24 #849789

Yes, I see what you mean now… Seems like there will be no boats running on Saturday…

We will see if we can switch our plans and try to head there tmrw (25 mar) or on Sunday (27 mar) instead.

Thanks!

kareen

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    25 March 2016 at 0:09:02 #849790

They may have added a trip since the timetable was published.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Lausanne to Chillon Castle by boat & Eurail Pass?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.