Lucerne and Interlaken accomodation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2016 at 0:12:19 #810333

Hi All

trying to find accommodation for Interlaken or surrounding area and Lucerne for early June 2017. It is for our honeymoon and hoping for somewhere nice to stay with out costing a fortune was thinking something around 300 CHF a night somewhere with a pool or spa would be awesome but not a must, also would love to stay somewhere with a nice view hope someone is able to help in suggesting some ideas

thank you in advanced

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 November 2016 at 1:32:13 #857006

We stayed at Hotel des Alpes in Lucerne. We got a balcony room and really enjoyed it. View was fabulous. Balcony was right on the river looking at the chapel bridge and the mountains.

Have fun planning

ellen

SummitClym
    Participant
    41 posts
    9 November 2016 at 5:45:34 #857007

EllenS may have stayed in the same room. It was such a beautiful view of the river and bridge but there is no hotel pool that I recall. The Hotel des Alpes is not luxurious but is a fine place to stay for location alone.

Arno
    15481 posts
    9 November 2016 at 6:46:04 #857008

Hi Troysugars, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Did you check the lists of suggested hotels on the Lucerne and Interlaken pages?

andrew
    Participant
    147 posts
    15 November 2016 at 21:40:40 #857009

Hi Troysugars,

You say “Interlaken and surrounding area”. By surrounding area I suspect you were thinking of the Jungfrau Region but we’ve stayed for many years in the summer a little way up the lake in Spiez and specifically the Hotel Restaurant Seegarten Marina. The hotel does a half board option within your budget although it’s not that obvious from the website. There’s no swimming pool or spa unless you count the lake or the public pool!

Spiez is an excellent centre for exploring as you can take boats in two directions or trains in four and there are some nice local walks as well. It’s about 20 minutes by train to Interlaken or an hour and a quarter by lake steamer. Or you can go the other way to Thun or Bern.

The hotel is right on lake Thun (Thunersee) in a beautiful position by the Marina and convenient for the lake boats. Yes, it’s a sharp 15-minute walk up to the station (10 minutes down!) although occasional buses meet the boats.

All in all it’s a beautiful alternative to the more touristy bustle of Interlaken and, I think, an excellent honeymoon destination.

I have to add that we have no connection with the hotel other than as very happy long term customers.

Andrew

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2016 at 22:00:32 #857010

Hi,

thanks heaps for your response, I will definetly look into this hotel

thanks again

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2016 at 22:01:56 #857011

Hi Arno

yes I have looked at the suggested hotels, I find its always good to get some recommendations from elsewhere as well tho,

thanks for your response

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 November 2016 at 22:09:35 #857012

Hi Andrew

that’s awesome information thank you,

Yes by surrounding area I meant exactly that, I have found some information suggesting WILDERSWIL area is a much nicer area to stay. however I will have a look at the SPIEZ area,

thanks heaps for replying

Arno
    15481 posts
    16 November 2016 at 7:21:58 #857013

I’ve stayed in both towns and they’re both wonderful. It really depends on what you want. To explore a wider region Spiez is more centrally located as it allows quick trips to Gstaad and the Valais too, for example.

andrew
    Participant
    147 posts
    16 November 2016 at 11:54:05 #857014

Hi Troysugars,

I’ve sorted out and attached some pictures of Spiez which are all taken within the last year or three. The one across the bay (summer this year) looks towards the hotel and if you look carefully you can see guests still taking breakfast outside. The hotel is the gabled building to the left with red geranium filled window boxes. The titles of the other two are, I hope, self-explanatory. All three are compressed.

Andrew

All photos are my copyright.

Arno
    15481 posts
    16 November 2016 at 13:15:11 #857015

Wonderful images Andrew!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 November 2016 at 13:18:54 #857016

Beautiful pictures, looks like I need to go back!

Ellen

• The thread ‘Lucerne and Interlaken accomodation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.