Migros M-Budget Room in St. Gallen

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 November 2018 at 10:09:29 #898692

Not sure if that is my style – though I did always shop at Migros! 🙂

Thanks for the link Peter!

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    4 November 2018 at 21:05:11 #898693

Hello Lucas,

You said << Not sure if that is my style – though I did always shop at Migros! 🙂 >>

Now I’m curious. What do you figure would not be your “style” ? You don’t like all that green ? And do you no longer shop at Migros ? Migros and Coop are my go-to food stores ! Both of these are facing increased competition from the German Lidl and Aldi as they are expanding in Switzerland.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 November 2018 at 7:47:31 #898694

Ya too much green branding for me! haha.

I’m currently living in Berlin so no more Migros for me. 🙁

I did shop at an Aldi near Zurich HB from time to time. There were a few items I liked from Germany I couldn’t find at Swiss stores (a specific Frischkäse and pickled peppers) otherwise I always used Migros.

Arno
    15484 posts
    5 November 2018 at 11:07:51 #898695

Nice! Migros gets a 10 for creativity 🙂 Their room is part of another hotel, and there is a Migros supermarket across the street of course!

http://www.hotel-saentispark.ch/en/Room s/M-Budget-Room

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 November 2018 at 14:24:40 #898696

Yeah, funny that it isn’t a hotel but rather just one room at a hotel. Unknowing tourists might be confused! haha

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    6 November 2018 at 1:28:57 #898697

The 99 CHF charge for the M-Budget room is only for certain nights, not including weekends. If I am ever over in the Saint Gallen area and need a place to stay for a night or two, I will definitely see if I can stay in the M-Budget room. The big orange MM has been in my blood since my teen years !

As Arno has already stated, there is a Migros supermarket right across the street. And there is also a Migros restaurant, all kinds of other shopping, and also a huge water slides area which kids (young and old) will love. On the attached map, I have underlined in orange the hotel, the two Migros, the shopping centre (Einkaufszentrum) which also has a Denner (mostly owned by Migros), and I put a red oval around the complex with the water slides (Rutschenwelt).

• The thread ‘Migros M-Budget Room in St. Gallen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.