Need suggestions for mid-June Swiss itinerary

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 6:46:37 #815823

Hey Everyone,

I am planning to go to Switzerland from 12-16 June and the main areas and attractions which I want to cover are Zermatt, Grindelwald(for Grindelwald First), Lauterbrunnen, and Jungfraujoch(all nature attractions).

Here is my itinerary

Day 1: Arrived at Zurich and I will directly go to Zermatt which I believe I will arrive at Zermatt around 12:00. If possible I will go to Matterhorn Glacier Paradise in the afternoon

Day 2: I decide to take the train up to Gornergrat and spend sometimes for taking photos of the Matterhorn

Day 3: Check out from the hotel in Zermatt, then I plan to go to Kandersteg to visit Oechinen lake and Blausee lake. After that, I decide to go to Lauterbrunnen to check in at the hotel there and spend the night there. (2 nights in Lauterbrunnen)

Day 4: In the morning, I plan to go to Grindelwald directly from Lautrubrennen, and I will go up to Grindelwald First(have some activities). After that, I will go back to Lauterbrunnen and take the bus to Trümmelbachfälle. Maybe, in the afternoon, I will go to Murren, Grimmelwald, and Schilthorn

Day 5: In the early morning, I will go to Jungfraujoch. In the afternoon (NO plan yet)

Day 6: Go to Zurich, visit Rhine Falls, Lake Zurich

Day 7: Back to my country

What do you think?, Will I have a lot of time left?. If have, feel free to suggest some of the attractions for me.

I am also very concerned about the weather during mid-June. If the weather there is too cloudy or rainy, I am scared that I will not have a chance to see the Matterhorn and other panoramic views, on top of the mountain. I heard that in the morning, the chance of raining will be lower, it is true?. How should I manage my plan in order to adapt with the weather condition? and what is likely to be the weather condition in mid-June?

Also does the Swiss Travel Pass, cover all of the places in my plan?

PS. the time in the attachment file is very flexible

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 16:38:20 #884581

Hi Nanondd, and welcome to MySwissAlps,

This looks doable. I don’t think you have a lot of time left, but you won’t be in a rush. If you want to know exactly how long it will take to get from A to B you can use the Swiss railways timetable: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

It’s always hard to predict the weather. Even if the forecast is rain, it might not rain. Read more about the weather here: http://www.myswissalps.com/we ather. In general the weather in June is mild or warm.

The Swiss Travel Pass covers all your train trips. On highlights like Jungfraujoch and Gornergrat you’ll get a discount. Read more here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 9:54:19 #884582

THANK YOU for the information. I hope when I go I will not have to face 6 days in a row with thunderstorm.

Much appreciated for your help

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    9 May 2018 at 10:04:57 #884583

I was in Lucerne last year in early June. There was a thunder storm almost every day but they didn’t last long and occurred late afternoon to evening. No big deal.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 May 2018 at 3:26:56 #884584

Thank you!!! for the informations. Happy to hear that they didn’t last long because I would love to have some lights for my photos.

Thank you

• The thread ‘Need suggestions for mid-June Swiss itinerary’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.