Offline STP, promotions and error in SBB app

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2017 at 7:38:21 #812189

Hey guys!

1) we’ll be reaching switz.on June 17. I checked for the promotions for the STP and there are none, but just wanted to know if theres any promotion coming up?

2) im aware that buying the online STP is beneficial, but if we buy it at the airport, how much does it cost? Is it equal to the online rates?

3) since we haven’t reserved any tickets for any of the mountain tops, can we buy those tickets 2 days before we go? After checking the weather? And that too from a different city? (For example, buying the Grindelwald to jungfraujoch tickets from Interlaken)

4) recently I’m facing an error in the SBB mobile app. I’ve attached a screen shot. Although I’ve entered the place of departure and destination, the error keeps coming everytime I tap on ‘select ticket’.

5) On their official website, I tried entering col-du-pillon as the departure but glacier des diablerets doesn’t come in the options of the destination in the drop down list, nor does scex rouge. What do I enter?

This is the website i ve visited http://www.sbb.ch/ticketshop/ b2c/adw.do?125

Thank you for all your help!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2017 at 10:39:03 #864772

Hi Jay,

1. Nothing that I am aware of – they are posted right away when there is a promotion, It is also a good idea to sign up for our newsletter for more news.
    2. It will be the same price at any SBB office in Switzerland – the online price may fluctuate a little with currency exchange rates
    3. Yes no problem! From any SBB rail office or ticket machine
    4. I believe the error is that you can not buy the gondola ticket between col-du-pillon and Glacier-Des-Diablerets. You can just buy the gondola ticket at the station at col-du-pillon
    5. Same issue as above – I believe you can’t buy this gondola ticket online – only when you are there (I can find the stations on the timetable but it won’t allow purchase on this connection

Cheers,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2017 at 11:25:42 #864773

Yeah Lucas! You’re right. Maybe those tickets aren’t available online! Thank you! 👍

Arno
    15483 posts
  • The thread ‘Offline STP, promotions and error in SBB app’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.