Pilatus overnight stay round trip tickets?

• patripe
    Participant
    8 posts
    21 June 2018 at 13:01:45 #816799

Hello all.

Wonderful web site from which I have already found lots of information. Thanks.

A couple of doubts.

We will be travelling from Giessbach (Alpnachstad) to Pilatus Kulm and staying overnight on the mountain (2 nights) 17 -19th August, then onto Zurich via Kriens. We¨ll have STP so 50% discount. Can we book a round trip ticket up on the 17th and down on the 19th? or do we have to get 2 separate tickets?

Also as August is a busy month should we book a specific time in advance or just buy the tickets when we arrive at the station? Will there be really long queues?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2018 at 17:14:22 #889004

Hi patripe and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I don’t think I’ve had a question about using a round trip ticket over a 2 day period. 🙂

I think, normally, they are only valid for the day. I would simply suggest to contact the hotel you booked at as they will know the answer to your question. 🙂 The ticket may be included in your booking also, but I’m not sure on that.

You can buy tickets (valid any time) online – https://www.myswissalp s.com/pilatus/packages. Or buy them at Alpnachstad. Just don’t arrive at the same time as the boat from Luzern as then you’ll have a line!

Check boat schedules on the SBB timetable here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable.
    Luzern –> Alpnachstad. Then on the page that pops up hit advanced search, de-select all transit options except boats and hit search again.

Arno
    15471 posts
    21 June 2018 at 17:38:52 #889005

Hi Patripe,

In this case I’d buy on the spot as I don’t think single trip tickets are available only. Only return for the same day. They sure will allow you to go up as a hotel guest, even if it would be extremely busy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2018 at 19:33:34 #889006

I just bought a round trip to Pilatus and I guess the return is valid for a period of 4 days. I’m attaching a photo of the ticket if you want to see. I used it all in a single day

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 June 2018 at 6:36:43 #889007

Thanks Impactedmind, you could be right.

It’s hard to say if just the return portion can be spread over those 4 days or not. They are still assuming the return ticket is used the same day you go up… I think. 🙂

The hotel can let Patripe know for sure.

patripe
    Participant
    8 posts
    22 June 2018 at 7:13:46 #889008

Thanks to all.

I’ll contact the hotel and see what they advise.

patripe
    Participant
    8 posts
    25 June 2018 at 12:37:48 #889009

I contacted the hotel.

Theres is no discount if you stay at the hotel (contrary to what is listed on the booking form)

and my question as to whether we should buy round trip or single tickets wasn’t answered.

So I’m none the wiser.

Will go with trying to avoid the influx from the boat trip and just buy the tickets when we get there.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 June 2018 at 16:01:56 #889010

Very strange indeed.

Good idea though to avoid the boat arrival and then buy a one way ticket. Check again upon arrival if there are any discounts you are entitled to.

• The thread ‘Pilatus overnight stay round trip tickets?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.