Mt. Pilatus trip with Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 April 2017 at 21:02:40 #811511

Hello

please let me know where exactly is the boat pickup to go to alpnachstad.I know boat stop is close to the station but then there are boats goin to Different location how do I identify which boat is goin to alpnachstad ?? Do they mention in the boat the destination it is going to??

any boat timetable link or website would be really helpful to know frequency of the boats.

website mentions entire trip is covered by Swiss pass .please confirm the same

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 8:16:20 #862004

Hi Snehap,

Yes, the trip to Mt. Pilatus is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass – you can see what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass here.

You can find the time table for boat excursions on Lake Lucerne here.
    Click on the link on the right side of the page to go directly to the timetables (click excursions timetable for the Alpnachstad boat).

Yes, there will be signage on the boat for the destination – they also won’t have many (if any) other boats leaving at the exact same time as the boat to Alpnachstad).

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 April 2017 at 18:40:51 #862005

I will be arriving around 1pm at luzern station from montreux on May 6. Will go to the hotel checkin and if weather looks good plan to go to pilatus. As per the timetable, if i take 14.38 boat from luzern i will reach alpnachstad at 16.21 and then take pilatus bahn at 16.30. Table shows last pilatus bahn is at 4.40pm. So the last cog wheel to pilatus is at 4.30 pm. Correct me if I am wrong.

When returning from pilatus to frakmuntegg, last cable car is at 5.30pm .Also, please let me know if the cog wheel is operational in the first week of May.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 April 2017 at 6:39:51 #862006

It looks like the cogwheel will be operating as of April 30 according to the timetable with Swiss railways. Mt. Pilatus has not updated their own schedule with this data – I think I would take this as it hopefully will open April 30 but you should be flexible in case it isn’t operating due to poor weather/snow when you arrive.

In either case the times you found are correct – it won’t leave you with much time on the mountain unfortunately.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 April 2017 at 20:44:16 #862007

Hi,

Please could you help me understand pilatus timetable.

http://www.pilatus.ch/en/rail way-cableways/timetable/

1) I can see 8.50am cogwheel from alpnachstad. Is this operatonal in May? Any idea what time is the first cogwheel. I dont want to go all the way to alpnachstad and then get to know cog wheel isnt working.

2) What is the alternate route? cable car from kriens? Please please help

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2017 at 5:57:01 #862008

Hi Snehap,

The cogwheel is weather dependent so you should check at the Swiss railway office in Luzern the day before departure to be sure. 🙂

As I mentioned in my last post, the SBB timetable notes it to be operating as of April 30 but Mt. Pilatus has not updated their website schedule (still says “mid-May”) and its snowing now. So wait until you are in Luzern and double check. According to their schedule the first departure is at 08:10.

Yes, the alternative is the gondola from Kriens. You can see the routing options on our Mt. Pilatus page here.

Lucas

Balan214
    Participant
    17 posts
    29 April 2017 at 1:07:32 #862009

Hello, I too am interested in the Mt. Pilatus trip but will be later on the 18th of May. I am also checking out of my luzern hotel that morning, Ive read that there are lockers at the station for luggage. Is this accurate?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2017 at 6:19:14 #862010

>> I am also checking out of my luzern hotel that morning, Ive read that there are lockers at the station for luggage. Is this accurate?

Yes, they are on both sides of the station alongside the first and last platforms (see attached screenshot).

You’ll need some coins. They come in 3 sizes (measured in centimetres), at different prices.

Small – 24.8 x 42.0 x 75.0 – CHF 6

Medium – 31.7 x 61.5 x 75.0 – CHF 7

Large – 44.7 x 61.5 x 88.0 – CHF 9

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Mt. Pilatus trip with Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.