Scenic sights to visit near Zurich in May – 2 days

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 November 2017 at 9:48:46 #813708

Planning to visit Switzerland in may for 3 days.

Would like to take scenic trips and natural sites. Is buying a Swiss pass a good option.

Which is the nearby place to stay so that we save on time.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    21 November 2017 at 10:30:20 #872192

Hello Sairaj and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Can you give us a clue as to where you are arriving at and departing from?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 November 2017 at 11:20:41 #872193

Hello

I will be coming from Mumbai to Zurich with my husband and my daughter who is 13.

Planning to stay in Zurich for 2 days and then travel to Innsbruck.

How can I utilize my 2 days to maximum for sightseeing.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 November 2017 at 12:14:01 #872194

Hi Sairaj123,

The closest mountains to experience the Swiss alpine views would be near Lucerne. This is a little over an hour by train from Zurich (and then the time taken from Lucerne to one of the mountains – usually another hour).

The popular mountains to visit and nearest Zurich and Lucerne would be Mt. Rigi and Mt. Pilatus.
    You can use the Swiss railways (SBB) timetable here to plan out the trip from Zurich.

For other ideas around Lucerne click here and in Zurich itself click here.

For two days I don’t think any rail pass would be beneficial for you. Most likely just point to point tickets or the new Saver Day Pass (sometimes they can be a great deal).

Lucas

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    21 November 2017 at 17:25:56 #872195

Hi Sairaj-

I glanced at Lucas’ reply and answers to your questions, which is up to his usual high standards.

I have one more suggestion to add.

Why not stay in Luzern ( local German spelling)? Closer to scenic mountains, a beautiful lake, and a bit over one hour by train from Zürich Airport. The are two trains per hour, all day long. On leaves at xx47, takes one hour and 2 minutes, and does not require any change of trains.

The other leaves at xx18, requires a change in Zürich main station , and takes one hour and 7 minutes.

As long as your trip to Innsbruck is by train, you can be quite flexible about departing Luzern to go to Zürich to catch the train to Innsbruck. The direct trains from Zurich main station to Innsbruck main station take 3 hours and 31 minutes, and depart at 1040, 1240, 1440 and 1640.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Scenic sights to visit near Zurich in May – 2 days’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.