Walk on the bridge after 5 pm in Rappersweil

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2016 at 16:54:57 #808803

Hi, based on ur suggestions, we will be taking the cruise to rappersweil @ 3.30 PM. Return by train…would it be safe to walk on the bridge after 5?… Heard it was crowded with traffic.. Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    4 April 2016 at 17:19:51 #850285

Hi Premasudha,

I suppose you mean the town Rapperswil. I am not sure how it would not be safe. Please share the resource with us. Of course you should avoid walking on the road, but that applies 24/7. As far as I know there’s a pedestrian path, and also a separate bridge for pedestrians just east of the main bridge (green line on the map).

Have fun, it’s a nice little town.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 April 2016 at 17:22:05 #850286

Thanks… This input from TripAdvisor.. Anyways, as far as swiss is concerned, ur inputs r very valuable… Will surely post my experience after my visit.. Thanks

Annika
    7104 posts
    4 April 2016 at 17:33:56 #850287

Great, trip reports are very welcome! Enjoy your stay!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    4 April 2016 at 21:11:10 #850288

Hi Annika ( and Premasudha)

The walk on the green paths shown on that map is very nice. It is completely separate from the road and rail traffic. Many people walk or jog on it at all hours. It is quite safe.

It goes through a nature preserve at the end nearest Rapperswil, on a boardwalk over the water. As it approaches Hurden ( on the peninsula nearer to Pfäffikon), the separate walkway continues parallel to the road and railroad. The part from Hurden to Pfäffikon is also attractive, but, I prefer the walk from Hurden ( where I stay occasionally) towards Rapperswil.

Restaurant Rössli in Hurden is famous for its fish cooking. Not cheap, but very good. Wonderful views.

Since the middle ages there has been a bridge crossing the lake there (between Pfäffikon and Rapperswil), where the water is very shallow. One branch of the Jakobsweg ( The Way of St. James) passed and still passes there, on the way to Compostela.

I’ll attach a few pictures. I’ll include a map of lake Zürich for orientation.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Walk on the bridge after 5 pm in Rappersweil’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.