Scenic hike Heidi style as a day trip from Zurich

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 March 2017 at 17:49:59 #810968

We’ll be staying by Zurich at a friend’s house the first week of July for 5 days taking day trips.

Itinerary

Day1 Zurich

Day2 Rhinefalls, Stein am Rhein and Konstanz lake

Day3 Lucerne

Day4 Bern or open to suggestions

Day5 ?

we love hiking and would love to find a nice trail with pastures, cows and flowers. Where can we find in that area something like these pictures?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    6 March 2017 at 1:09:55 #859617

Hi Mapfriend –

It is unlikely that you will ever find grass as green as the grass in those pictures anywhere in Switzerland. 🙂

There are many places to consider.

You might look into the Emmental, between Bern and Luzern.

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/langnau-in-may

This may help as well:

map.wanderland.ch/?lang=en&route=all&bgLa yer=pk&resolution=100& X=650900&Y=234800&laye rs=Wanderland

Slowpokee

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2017 at 7:33:20 #859618

Hi Mapfriend,

As an option close to Zurich, there are some nice walks and fields on Üetliberg mountain. It is an quick 20 minute train ride from Zurich train station to the top of the mountain. From there you can walk along the ridge of mountains (following along with Lake Zurich on your left).

You can walk from 1 to 6 hours roughly…there are cable cars every once and a while to take you down near the lake and you can hop a train back to town or double back to Üetliberg.

I have attached a few photos for you to get an idea.

Cheers,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 March 2017 at 10:44:00 #859619

Hi Mapfriend,

I can’t advise you on hikes, but I can identify where one of the photos you attached (#3572) was taken. It’s Grindelwald, in the Jungfrau Region.

I have attached one of my own photos of that approximate view.

Alpenrose

• The thread ‘Scenic hike Heidi style as a day trip from Zurich’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.