Help with ticket Paris – Grindelwald – Milan

• Memok
    Participant
    16 posts
    30 April 2018 at 5:35:28 #815624

Hi

i plan to visit Swiss in 07/08/2018 until 11/08/2018 with my wife Coming From Disneylan Paris throw disneylan train station ” Gare de Marne-la-Vallée–Chessy”

and i want the train to drop me direct in this Hotel Sunstar Alpine Hotel in Grindelwald

goo.gl/maps/pASsU7LGH6 v

and i will stay here 4 nights then i want move direct to Milan central station in italy

Can you guide me to book the correct train from disney to my hotl in Grindelwald “prfere Morning train so i can arrived at check in in the hotel and enjoy my first day” then also guide me to book train from the hotel to Milan

which best way and best station and the price for both way

Note” i Can’t drive car

Regards

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 9:16:17 #883646

Hi Memok,

Please read here more on tickets from France to Switzerland: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france.

Use the Swiss railways timetable here to plan your trip from Grindelwald to Milan.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 13:18:22 #883647

Hi Memok,

You can use the Deutsche Bahn website to look at your options before deciding which train to book from France to Switzerland. It has schedules for all of Europe, not just Germany.

reiseauskunft.bahn.de/ /bin/query2.exe/en?rt=1

You said you would like to get an early train so that you can enjoy your first day in Switzerland, but the trip will take a minumum of 7 hours 17 minutes, and many connections take much longer than that.

From what I have seen, you have two main options:

• Depart early and arrive earlier in Grindelwald, but have a longer journey time (7.5-8.0 hours) with more transfers (4-6). Most connections involve a 600 m walk between Paris Magenta station and Paris Est station.
    • Depart later and arrive later in Grindelwald, but have the fastest journey time (7.3 hours) with the least number of transfers (3), and no transfers that involve walking to another station.

I have attached an itinerary showing the 11:01 departure, which is the fastest option with the least number of transfers. If you prefer a less complicated trip to an earlier arrival, this would be a good connection to choose.

The 11:01 train would get you to Grindelwald via Strasbourg, Basel and Interlaken Ost at 18:08. You could then get one of the following buses from the bus terminal near Grindelwald station to your hotel. The stop you get off at is called Firstbahn

• bus #121 (direction: Oberer Gletscher)
    • bus #122 (direction: Gletscherschlucht)
    • bus #123 (direction: Kirche)

The last bus from Grindelwald station is bus #121 at 18:44.

Alternatively, you could walk to your hotel from the station – about 15-20 minutes with luggage I would guess.

Alpenrose

Memok
    Participant
    16 posts
    30 April 2018 at 13:50:15 #883648

Hi

Thank you very much your advise very helpfull

I still prfere the early departure and arrived to the hotel @ 4 pm max and me and wife can walk we will have a midulm luggage with wheel so no issue

chould you help mei checked DB wesite for the connection but no price apear ? i can’t buy train ticket online and print it ?

i tried to use SSB site and this is the journey info + prices with offer if i have Half-Fare travelcard please check it and tell me if its ok

and is it ok to buy this now or wait to Jul y ? or before one week of travel ?

is there option to print it to should recive it to my post in my country (KSA)?

Regards

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 April 2018 at 19:36:42 #883649

Hi Memok,

International tickets do get more expensive the longer you wait. If you create an account on the SBB website you should be able to print the tickets at home. Various websites that sell these tickets without creating an account are listed here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/france/pric e.

• The thread ‘Help with ticket Paris – Grindelwald – Milan’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.