Swiss Travel Pass still needs validation?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2017 at 7:02:48 #811013

HI ,

I purchased Swiss Travel Pass 8 days from Agency in Thailand. Pass specified validity from April 8-15, 2017 and Agency told me that Pass has already been validate.

But I am not sure. Would you recommend I still need to get them validate upon arrival ?

Best regards.

Padoongsak , Thailand.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2017 at 13:30:22 #859811

I never had to do validation my swiss pass but I purchased from online and not through an agency. But always carry your id or passport along with the swiss pass when you travel in switzerland trains/buses/boats

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 March 2017 at 15:07:13 #859812

Welcome to MySwissAlps Padoongsak!

All the retailers listed here sell print at home passes which are ready to use. No validation required. I don’t know the agency you purchased from, so they might be an exception. If the travel dates are already printed on the pass, and the passenger names and passport numbers too, the pass is ready to use.

Chandraks is correct about the passport: you do need to take it along at all times.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2017 at 16:14:14 #859813

Also a question about where to buy the passes:

Should I buy it from RailEurope or directly from from sbb.ch?

[Sorry for hijacking this thread]

Arno
    15483 posts
    9 March 2017 at 19:46:17 #859814

Hi 2sk21,

You can compare all purchase options on the Price tab of the Swiss Travel Pass page. Be sure to check the Promotions tab as well to see if there’s any discount at the moment.

Sbb.ch is the domestic site, you’d better check the SBB tourist webshop at http://www.swissrailways.com/ en.

I hope this was helpful. Please open a new thread if you have further questions. Thanks!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2017 at 6:59:27 #859815

Thank for your information. My agency may be purchase from Rail Europe but I shall confirm with officer of swiss pass when I arrive Zurich Airport train station.

Thank you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2017 at 8:48:04 #859816

Hye, just sharing about the validation. I just purchased the tickets (swiss travel pass) online last week. It is mentioned that the online tickets does not need to be validated and can be used immediately once we reach switzerland. Hope this help.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass still needs validation?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.