Swiss Travel Pass vs Swiss Half Fare card – math

• Sukhcharan
    Participant
    6 posts
    11 January 2018 at 10:02:10 #813999

Hi.

I have attached my itinerary for my trip to Swiss which i will be traveling on the 22nd of January using the excel sheet provided my this site. I would really like someone to kindly check if my price calculations are correct and I’m not missing out on any other extra hidden cost for me to decide on which type of pass I should be issuing. If I missed out on any of the details please kindly guide me and let me know which card is best for me to issue during my stay there. I will be there till the 29th January total of 8 days. As of my calculations the half fare card is coming to be a better option but I might be wrong if i missed out on any details unforeseen.

Thank you

Sukhcharan K.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 January 2018 at 10:55:38 #874019

Hi Sukhcharan,

A quick glance makes me think your full fare prices are too low on the city trips (Zermatt to Grindelwald for example). The prices fluctuate but typically it is between 30 and 40chf for the Swiss Half fare Card rate and your full rate is 48chf….which should be about the price for the 1/2 fare.

The first price you see on the SBB timetable is the Swiss Half Fare price. You need to click purchase (red link) and enter your name and birthday as well as select that you have no fare reduction to get the proper full fare price.

Sukhcharan
    Participant
    6 posts
    11 January 2018 at 10:59:58 #874020

Thanks a lot Lucas. Will check about that..

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass vs Swiss Half Fare card – math’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.