The Reluctant Travellers” Swiss Adventure – part 6

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    12 February 2018 at 2:13:52 #866085

All done on my laptop running on Windows 7. πŸ˜” 🐱 😎 ⌚ βŒ› ☎⏰ What’s the big deal anyway ?

kperigo
    Participant
    52 posts
    13 February 2018 at 19:25:26 #866086

OK now you are just showing off.

πŸ˜πŸ˜ŽπŸ™ŠπŸ’»πŸ‚

Sent from my Verizon tablet.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    13 February 2018 at 19:46:21 #866087

If liking to have some fun makes me a show-off, then a show-off I definitely am. πŸ˜‰ However I hope you aren’t thinking this in terms of what I read in the Cambridge Dictionary, where it states β€œto behave in a way that is intended to attract attention or admiration, and that other people often find annoying.” Say, are you ⌚ing the Olympics ? So far, the Swiss only have one medal, a Silver but that will change as the days go by.

Sent from my Windows 7 powered HP laptop.

kperigo
    Participant
    52 posts
    13 February 2018 at 20:48:47 #866088

It is all fun here. I am not watching the Olympics. We only stream TV these days. Cable and satellite is just to much $$ for programming we are no longer interested in. That changes once baseball ⚾️

starts, however.

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    13 February 2018 at 22:51:20 #866089

Aha, ⚾ . So that means you either live in the USA or Japan. ⚾ is one step up from β›³, about as fun as watching the grass grow. I much prefer watching ⚽ or 🎾.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2018 at 7:08:06 #866090

πŸ’ is all that matters. FYI. πŸ˜‰

I’m quite disappointed in the Olympics as they aren’t allowing NHL players to participate…not sure the point anymore if you don’t let the best players play. At least Canada is doing well in the medal count…..so far.

I’m guessing Peterli can figure out where I come from (if you didn’t already know)!

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    14 February 2018 at 8:09:30 #866091

Hey Lucas,

What’s that first character in your << πŸ’ is all that matters. FYI. πŸ˜‰ >> ?

Gary Bettman and the NHL club owners are not allowing their players to compete, which is too bad. This will affect the teams from many nations, mostly Canada and the USA, but also the nations on the attached list. The Swiss thus have 14 ineligible players, compared to Canada’s 420, but I figure it is easier to field a strong team from Canada because of the huge number of people playing hockey at other levels.

The second attachment shows the medal count as of 14h32 on Tuesday 13 February. Canada is doing pretty well (as you say, β€œso far”). No surprise with the good showing so far by the Germans, the Dutch and the Norwegians, and I am expecting Switzerland, with only one medal to show for here, to rise in these standings.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 February 2018 at 8:54:36 #866092

Oh it is a hockey stick! Emoji’s don’t always work here I see. oh well! πŸ™‚

Yes, Canada will still do well in hockey I think but I’m not concerned with the outcome anymore without our best players playing. We can’t (nor can any other country) field our best players….so what is the point?

Most Canadians I know detest Gary Bettman and his Olympic decision has only made our feelings towards him much worse, if possible. You are a Canadiens fan I take it? I always like the Nordiques – big Sakic and Roy fan growing up. πŸ™‚

kperigo
    Participant
    52 posts
    14 February 2018 at 16:44:31 #866093

USA, Michigan. For me a summer afternoon or evening in the ballpark is as good as it gets.

Are you Swiss? In any event good luck to you at the Olympics.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 March 2018 at 1:39:31 #866094

amazing pictures. I’ve been going crazy researching and helping my son plan his first trip ever. I really wish i was going! maybe one day. congrats on your new grandson. he should be 1 now? Thank you for sharing all your pictures and information. I get to see Switzerland through you.

Handyman
    Participant
    12 posts
    30 March 2018 at 15:18:33 #866095

Rockoyster, your trip reports are most entertaining and paint an excellent picture. I noticed that from Lugano you took a local train to Bellinzona to catch the GPEX. I understand that the GPEX actually starts in Lugano. At least, I think I actually have tickets to catch it there. Is there a reason you took the local train to catch it farther up the line?

Also, do you have a recommendation for a hotel in Lugano. I’ll be there 2 nights. Thanks.

Handyman

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    30 March 2018 at 19:44:38 #866096

Hi Handyman and thanks for the feedback. In 2017 the GPE started in Bellinzona early in the season. For 2018 they have changed to run from Lugano at the start of the season.

We stayed at Hotel Walter du Lac right on the lake front. I mentioned it in http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/the-reluctant-travellers-swiss-adventure-part-5. Great location, tiny room, noisy, but fun.

Viewing 12 posts - 61 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • The thread β€˜The Reluctant Travellers” Swiss Adventure – part 6’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, β€œSwitzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.