How to find Golden Pass trains in mobile app

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2017 at 15:03:27 #811810

Hey all!

I’ve attached two screenshots which show that I’ve chosen ‘interlaken west to montreux’ for the time table on the SBB app and because I wanna travel via the golden pass, I’ve added ‘zweisimmen’ as via. But out of the options, I don’t understand which one’s the golden pass. How do I figure that out. Also, if there are changes at different stations, is the next train also the panoramic one?

One more thing, I’d recently read a thread where someone had attached a screen shot of the time table. That time table had a completely different presentation from mine (be it desktop or mobile app) and that too, was SBB. It had various columns in a broad table format and had the option to choose which specific train you’d want to travel in. Where can I find such time tables?

Someone also mentioned in one of the threads that the old SBB version was better, can someone attach the links to that?

Thanks a lot!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    13 May 2017 at 16:46:16 #863259

Hi Jayy123,

Thanks for your screenshot. You did a good job searching via Zweisimmen. But you can only see details once you’ve clicked/tapped on any of the connections. You’ll then get to see a drop-down screen with more information. You’re looking for connections with preferably only one change in Zweisimmen and with the descriptions “MOB PANORAMIC” or “MOB BELLE EPOQUE” between Zweisimmen and Montreux. Those are the official Golden Pass trains. There’s also a link to a separate Golden Pass pdf timetable under “More on other websites” at myswissalps.com/golden pass/gettingthere.

The screenshot you’re referring to may belong to the old timetable. I’m not quite sure though. If you can find the thread where you’ve seen it, I may be able to assist you better. The old timetable is still accessible through http://fahrplan.sbb.ch /bin/query.exe/en.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2017 at 19:00:51 #863260

Hi Annika! Thanks a lot!

1) The last link in your reply was precisely what I was looking for. I luckily found the document from that thread I was talking about, so have attached it. It clearly says Bernina express in the comments sections. Something as clear as golden pass doesn’t appear in case of my searches but no worries, the MOB indication will do.

2) Also, as you said, the MOB indication is for the official golden pass one. So what I tried searching for was ‘interlaken Ost to montreux’ with Gstaad and zweisimmen as via. But the MOB indication is only for the route between zweisimmen and Montreux. Is it that there’s no golden pass train on that day from Interlaken Ost to montreux directly? Or am I still mistaken in the search? I’d prefer leaving from either Interlaken west or Ost on 27th June to montreux only via the golden pass. Could you please find a train and let me know?

3) if there’s no train directly like that, then yes, I’d prefer the golden pass for at least the route between zweisimmen and montreux.

4) the ‘more on other websites’ time tables are way too complicated for me to understand 🙈

Arno
    15483 posts
    13 May 2017 at 21:07:15 #863261

It sounds like you did everything right! You will always have to switch trains in Zweisimmen. Direct trains will only be possible from late 2018 after years of reconstruction works (see the Golden Pass page).

Golden Pass is the name of the route. There are trains all day long, only a few are named Golden Pass on the Montreux-Zweisimmen leg. Any train will be fine.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 May 2017 at 5:10:09 #863262

Awesome! Thanks so much!

• The thread ‘How to find Golden Pass trains in mobile app’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.