What to do today for 3 hours in Bern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2018 at 4:49:03 #815732

My family and I will be traveling from Chur to Wengen today and at the last minute we decided we could spend 3 hours in Bern enroute. We were thinking the bear park would take most of our time, but any suggestions are welcome.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 May 2018 at 14:50:51 #884256

Hi VikasICI,

Yes, from the train station I’d head through town towards the Bärengraben (Bear pit). You’ll go right through the city centre on the walk and can stop for coffee or lunch depending on the time. The Altes Tramdepot is also a nice spot for food or drinks (right above the Bärengraben)

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    7 May 2018 at 0:22:08 #884257

Hej,

I suspect and hope that the Bear Park will not take up too much of your 3 hours. When you exit the train station, head due east into the old city and at the far end you will cross a bridge and the Bärengraben will be on your right. I would go there first. This will will give you a measure of how much time it will take you go back to the train station. The attached map shows the train station, the bear park, and the old city between them, squeezed into the area between the two bends of the Aare River. Try to get to the clock tower (Zytglogge) when it strikes an hour. youtu.be/qCF_g_mgVqk

• The thread ‘What to do today for 3 hours in Bern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.