Where is the Piz Gloria Thrill Walk located?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2018 at 12:18:11 #814907

Trying to get some information on this. Where exactly is the Thrill Walk located – at Schilthorn or Birg ? I am trying to determine if we have to get off at Birg to have this experience and take the next cable car up or down, or we can experience it while at the summit where Piz Gloria is located.

Thanks !

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    22 March 2018 at 19:19:22 #879553

Hi srdebnath,

The Schilthorn Thrill Walk is indeed located at Birg – you can read more about it here: http://www.myswissalps.com/sc hilthorn and https://schilthorn.ch/ en/Info/Birg_2677_m_._ 8783_ft#thrill_walk

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    22 March 2018 at 23:01:18 #879554

Hi Lucas,

On a different but related topic, have you heard of or perhaps been on the Tissot Peak Walk in the canton de Vaud ? I’ve never been to the Glacier 3000 parking (access either from Les Diablerets VD or Gstaad BE) from where you ascend by télécabine first to la Tête-aux-Chamois and then over to the Scex-Rouge. I know one can get to Glacier 3000 by automobile (see beginning of second video below) and no doubt by Post Bus, but I have been digging, with absolutely no success, to find what it costs to get up to the Peak Walk. I do know that once you get up there, the Peak Walk itself is free. If you have not already been there, here are a couple of videos to whet your appetite: youtu.be/0kG6dNWM-W8 and youtu.be/d5QEowRORd4 This excursion is not for the faint of heart !

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2018 at 7:40:52 #879555

Hi Peter,

Thanks! Yes I was there not too long ago, in late January. It was indeed a great trip – see my trip report here. I took the Postbus there from Gstaad but you can drive and park at Col Du Pillon (where the bus drops you off) right beside the cable car.

You can find links to fares for the trip up to Scex Rouge here: http://www.myswissalps.com/glacier3000/tickets.

79chf for non-skiers / 40ch with Swiss Travel Pass (or Swiss Half Fare Card)

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    23 March 2018 at 16:46:01 #879556

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your reply and link to the other thread. I just left a comment for you there. Next time I am in the Rhone Valley on a nice sunny day I think I will drive up to le Col du Pillon and then take the télécabines up to the Peak Walk. I think you picked a good time of the year to do it as it is surely more spectacular with all the snow around. PS: I never understood why in English a télécabine is a gondola. When I think of gondolas I think of the ones on the canals in Venice.

One more thing ! I see they have a Roundshot 360 degree live panoramic camera there glacier3000.roundshot. com/ and it looks simply stunning up there today.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 March 2018 at 18:06:20 #879557

Yes, it took me awhile to get gondolas and cable car straight (it is just a size issue). I often just use the term cable car as all-encompassing. What is the Venetian gondola in French?

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    23 March 2018 at 18:33:34 #879558

En français, c’est une gondole. Gondola in Italian !

Peterli
    Participant
    1206 posts
    23 March 2018 at 19:01:39 #879559

Nightfall right now at the Tissot Peak Walk. You can see the Col du Pillon down at the lower right.

• The thread ‘Where is the Piz Gloria Thrill Walk located?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.