Titlis and Pilatus from Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2018 at 19:26:10 #815911

Hello guys!

I would like to know your thoughts about the best option to pick within the following scenary:

We will be going from Lausanne to Luzern on May 24th, spending one night and leaving do Zurich next day to catch a flight at 9 pm.

I would like to visit Titlis and Pilatus (with boat ride) during this days.

So, I was wondering wich mountain is better in the morning or with the best forecast. My preferred one is Titlis because of the snow. But in late May, even with a good weather, is it a good ideia to go up to Titlis in the afternoon, if the weather is good? Is it likely the snow has turned into mud in the afternoon? 😐.

Many thanks un advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    13 May 2018 at 1:18:34 #884956

Hi Debora-

Independent of time of day, that sounds like a very difficult set of trips to accomplish in the time allotted.

Please spend some time with the timetable to check out travel times, and availabilty of various mountain transport.

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2018 at 1:27:47 #884957

Hi debora,

The snow at Mt. Titlis is there year-round (at least at the very top). So no snow turning to mud in the afternoons.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2018 at 13:48:24 #884958

Hello!

As per what I was reading, half of day for each would be ok. Would you share with me why you don’t think it is a good idea and maybe any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2018 at 13:52:12 #884959

Thanks, Lucas!

Do you share the same point of view above? Do you believe that it is not a good plan to go to Titlis on the first day in the afternoon ( considering weather and sunlight until a bit later because of spring) and have from 10am to 4pm to go up and back from Pilatus on the next day?

Thank you very much!

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    15 May 2018 at 14:13:06 #884960

Hi Debora –

<<“As per what I was reading, half of day for each would be ok. Would you

share with me why you don’t think it is a good idea and maybe any

suggestions?”>>

I changed my mind. 😉

It can work well if you start and finish in Luzern.

But, if you come from Lausanne, even if you do not take the slow Golden Pass Route, you have x hours before you get to Luzern, plus time to get to and from Titlis, all the way back to Luzern, or, scheduling to match a boat from Alpnachstad to Luzern.

You’ll need to put all those trips into the timetable to see if it can fit.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2018 at 16:39:41 #884961

\😁/

Hey! Yeap, I’ll be going to both Titlis and Pilatus from Luzern!

My intention is to get to Luzern by noon and on the this first afternoon go up to Titlis.❄😍❄

Your expert thoughts and perspectives are very important to me that’s why I wanted to understand more your first answer.

Counting down!

Leaving Brazil tomorrow!

• The thread ‘Titlis and Pilatus from Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.