Trails/streets for photography in Interlaken area

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 April 2018 at 12:08:51 #815283

HI

We are visiting Interlaken in the last week of April. My husband is a photography enthusiast and is so loking forward for this trip. While we will be staying at Interlaken we would be having a STP. Could you help us with any villages that have beautiful trails, valleys, meadows which will be great for photography? I heard Brienz has lovely streets and the valley of Lauterbrunnen is beautiful – but would it be in gloom this time of the year? Would be hlpful if you could suggest any other cute villages, which are easy to commute. Thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 April 2018 at 12:16:46 #882048

It is a tricky time of year for activities in the mountains; but for photography you just want some sun – hopefully you’ll luck out!

For ideas on what to see and do in the Jungfrau region click here. Lauterbrunnen is a good start with the valley and surrounding waterfalls. I think Thun is worth a visit for sure as is perhaps Bern.

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 April 2018 at 15:34:17 #882049

Hi Baatasaari,

The below walk along the lake might interest you, and it’s doable in April. You’ll pass the little harbor of Spiez and the ancient church there. As well as some vineyards but they won’t be at their prettiest in April.

http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king/faulensee-spiez

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 April 2018 at 22:49:32 #882050

Hi Baatasaari,

You can combine the walk recommended by Arno with a lake cruise. You could take a boat from Interlaken west to Faulensee, do the walk to Spiez and then a boat to Thun, returning to Interlaken by train or bus. Or in the reverse order of course. On the walk along the lake you will have an opportunity to photograph the Niederhorn and the impressive valley (I forget its name!) to its left. Also there are carvings along the lake walk to photograph and if you are lucky birds on the lake. On the cruise you can take pictures of the villages and also castles like Oberhofen and Hünegg, the former is particularly photogenic.

Maggie

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 15:10:40 #882051

Thank you all on the suggestions.

Any tips or pointers for food joints/ places to eat in Interlaken/wilderswil?! I have read that food in Swiss is very expensive, so hoping your suggestions can help me save some bucks !

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    19 April 2018 at 15:51:56 #882052

Hi Baatasaari –

The best photography month is usually September. April can bring cloudy days and the higher trails with spectacular walks are blocked by snow.

You might get some nice shots of the Lauterbrunnen Valley.

The image here:

http://www.myswissalps.com/be rneseoberland

is from later in the year, but the high waterfalls should be benefiting from some snow melt. The attached view of the Valley from Wengen will not be so green, but, if you have a clear day (unlikely in April but possible) you will get the view back into the valley. The viewpoint is near the church in Wengen.For good photographs, low altitude locations with lots of sun would be best in April.

The vineyards between Lausanne and Montreux come to mind.

http://www.myswissalps.com/hi king/lutry-epesses

Could be a day trip from Interlaken.

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 April 2018 at 16:31:51 #882053

Try buying food for some meals at the local grocery stores: Coop and Migros. They have good to-go food (hot and cold usually).

• The thread ‘Trails/streets for photography in Interlaken area’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.