Train schedule Interlaken to Jungfraujoch

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2017 at 22:19:30 #813340

I am trying to find how many trains a day go from Interlaken to the top Jungfrau station. However, no matter which day I pick, the swissrail website says there are no trains. I would prefer to book only a day in advance (we will be in Interlaken from Oct 27 to Nov 1) because clear weather is important. How many trains run up the mountain in late October/early November.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    24 September 2017 at 1:43:51 #870110

You should be able to find the trips on the SBB Timetable at http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable but if not try here fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/qu ery.exe/en or here http://www.jungfrau.ch/shop/e n/tickets/bergbahn

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2017 at 1:55:20 #870111

Hi Bill,

rockoyster has beaten me to it with the links 🙂 but as I have generated a personal timetable for you, I may as well attach it!

I can think of only two reasons why you were getting no results in the timetable: incorrect spelling of place names, or looking for trips up after 14:05, because that is when the last trip up leaves from Interlaken Ost. That train gets to the Jungfraujoch at 16:05, and you would have only a short time to look around before getting the final train down at 16:43.

Alpenrose

Washpark
    Participant
    13 posts
    25 September 2017 at 7:55:43 #870112

Others have given you the schedule. By later October, there will be no lines. We were just there and had no problem getting right on.

Check the price!! We paid $132 Swiss… About $150 US for three… So an eye watering $450 US today. It was wonderful and we aren’t on a budget but I thought pricy. The ice cave is really ho hum, Nothing special. The weather was cloudy and then cleared in just a few minutes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 September 2017 at 17:01:11 #870113

Great. I was able to find the timetable and trains appear to run every hour.

• The thread ‘Train schedule Interlaken to Jungfraujoch’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.