Transport from Zurich airport to Livigno

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 December 2016 at 18:51:25 #810452

hi, i am travelling frim Zurich airport to Livigno and am not sure what is the best train option or how exactly to plan the trip. Anybody have some advice please? Can i just get a pass? Which pass will take me to Livigno?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 December 2016 at 9:26:17 #857440

Hi Yolli123, thank you for posting here!

The Swiss Transfer Ticket covers the entire trip to Livigno and back, and is cheaper than regular tickets. You need to print it yourself through http://www.swissrailways.com/ en. After filling out your address, they will show the delivery options. Pick “Online Ticket” from the bottom of the list. They will e-mail the pass (no delivery fees) within 3 business days.

For schedules you can fill out your trip in the timetable.

Have a good trip!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 December 2016 at 11:13:59 #857441

Thank you very much Arno, much appreciated! Would you recommend first class?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 December 2016 at 11:53:50 #857442

So so sorry to bug again but there is so much information that I’m getting confused. Is the attached correct for what i need? Can i continue to purchase? Then all i need is the timetable to confirm times. I see there is a transfer but i am not sure which one to select as livigno not an option? I don’t have to confirm that now or do i? Scared held up at customs and need to take a later train than planned.

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 December 2016 at 12:18:36 #857443

Hi Yolli123,

You just need the timetable to check the train schedules. You don’t need to purchase anything there. It is geared to Swiss citizens, not tourist, when it comes to tickets and passes. You can purchase as I explained in my first reply, through the SBB web shop for tourists. The purchase process is very simple, and the ticket is valid for all trains, so no need to worry about taking a later train.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 December 2016 at 12:41:19 #857444

Hi Arno,

thank you so much for your reply and patience with me, much appreciated. One last question if you know, (i promise 🙂 Is there a direct train to livigno or will i have to transfer along the way?

Arno
    15483 posts
    17 December 2016 at 12:56:33 #857445

No problem! You’d normally change 3 times: in Zürich HB (main station), Landquart and Zernez. Note that Zernez to Livigno is a bus, not a train. The bus is included in the Swiss Transfer Ticket too. The timetable I referred to shows all the details of the trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 December 2016 at 13:41:25 #857446

Thank you for all your help! Have a great holiday season!!

• The thread ‘Transport from Zurich airport to Livigno’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.