Train types from Sagans to Zürich by STP

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 May 2018 at 15:17:01 #815893

It is a great forum!

I am planning a short trip from Liechtenstein back to Zürich. From SBB, I found that some trains labelled JR instead of IC etc on that route. May I know if I could ride on these trains by STP? And as we have a 1st class STP, can We get on such 1st class train?

Jimmy

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2018 at 1:11:57 #884897

Hi Jimmy,

>> I am planning a short trip from Liechtenstein back to Zürich. From SBB, I found that some trains labelled JR instead of IC etc on that route.

I think you mean RJ (Railjet), not JR. Those are the Austrian Railways fast inter-city trains.

>> May I know if I could ride on these trains by STP? And as we have a 1st class STP, can We get on such 1st class train?

The Swiss Travel Pass will cover your train travel from Buchs SG (or Sargans) to Zürich, regardless of the type of train you travel on – so that includes Railjets.

Within Liechtenstein, the Swiss Travel Pass is also valid for the PostAuto bus routes shown as yellow lines on the attached screen shot.

International trains coming to Switzerland from Austria don’t stop at any stations in Liechtenstein. Trains that do stop in Liechtenstein are regional trains run by the ÖBB (Austrian Railways). ÖBB fares apply, and the Swiss Travel Pass is not valid.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 May 2018 at 23:58:58 #884898

Thank you Alpenrose.

• The thread ‘Train types from Sagans to Zürich by STP’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.