Zurich to Lauterbrunnen – reservations needed?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 November 2017 at 15:41:31 #813612

Hi,I have purchased the Swiss Pass for travelling and will be arriving from Innsbruck to Zürich. I am unsure if I have to book any ticket reservation for travelling to lauterbrunnen from Zurich.

How do I get to Lauterbrunnen from Zurich?

For cruise to Lake Brienz and Lake Thun,is the Swiss pass including that boat cruise also or am I required to purchase a separate ticket?

Thank you you for your help

kaya

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 November 2017 at 22:30:56 #871547

Hello Kayla and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

With a Swiss Travel Pass (I assume that’s what you have) you don’t need further tickets or reservations to get from Zurich to Lauterbrunnen.

You can work out which trains to catch using the timetable at http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

The fastest route is via Bern, the more scenic via Luzern and Meiringen.

You don’t say when you are travelling but the Lake Brienz ferries are not operating for Winter. Lake Thun has a limited timetable operating. See attached.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 November 2017 at 5:52:07 #871548

Hi rockoyster,

i will be going during the first week of Dec.. it’s winter right

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    5 November 2017 at 6:13:34 #871549

Yes, December is definitely Winter.

pvonk
    Participant
    383 posts
    6 November 2017 at 2:41:52 #871550

I was there last week and Lake Brienz ferries were already shut down.

• The thread ‘Zurich to Lauterbrunnen – reservations needed?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.