Where to change from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 10:35:16 #815797

Could u please guide on how many trains to be changed between interlaken to jungfraunch

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 May 2018 at 11:46:04 #884507

Hi Ratnapedneca, and welcome to MySwissAlps!

The routes to the Jungfraujoch are described here:

http://www.myswissalps.com/ju ngfraujoch/gettingther e

There are two routes:

• Interlaken Ost > Grindelwald > Kleine Scheidegg > Jungfraujoch

or

• Interlaken Ost > Lauterbrunnen > Kleine Scheidegg > Jungfraujoch

So you change at either Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen, then again at Kleine Scheidegg.

The train from Interlaken Ost is usually split at Zweilütschinen, with one half continuing to Lauterbrunnen, and the other half proceeding to Grindelwald.

So you just have to make sure you get into the correct end of the train at Interlaken Ost.

• Carriages bound for Lauterbrunnen are usually at Sector A of Platform 2
    • Those for Grindelwald are usually at Sector B of Platform 2

The platform sectors are denoted by square blue-and-white overhead signs along the platform. The destination (Grindelwald or Lauterbrunnen) is also clearly marked on each carriage near the doors, and there are staff to direct you.

I have also attached a diagram of the routes.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 8:38:56 #884508

Thanks a lot

Also would like to know which route is better the train or coach upto kleine

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 9:09:11 #884509

>> Also would like to know which route is better the train or coach upto kleine

The name of the place is Kleine Scheidegg. Calling it kleine means small and makes no sense.

By coach, do you mean bus? There are no buses to Kleine Scheidegg, only trains. Beyond Lauterbrunnen and Grindelwald the whole area is car-free.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 10:32:45 #884510

Thank you very much Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 14:25:20 #884511

I will be buying a Swiss Rail Pass So if I want to travel by boat to Weggis from Lucerne n then upto the Rigi by train do I have to purchase tickets separately Also wanted to know the boat timings Thanking you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 May 2018 at 19:11:17 #884512

With the Swiss Travel Pass it’s for free. Use the Swiss railways timetable to plan your trip: http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 0:43:18 #884513

>> So if I want to travel by boat to Weggis from Lucerne n then upto the Rigi by train

If you get the boat to Weggis, you go up to Rigi Kaltbad by cable car.

If you want to go up by cogwheel train, you get the boat to Vitznau instead.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 6:53:28 #884514

Is the cable car from Weggis chargeable Where can I check for the boat timings

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 9:26:44 #884515

>> Is the cable car from Weggis chargeable

No, it is free with the Swiss Travel Pass.

You can download a map from the link below, showing what is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass.

As explained in the legend on the map, red lines are trains, yellow lines are buses, black lines are cable cars, white lines are boats. Solid lines are free, dotted lines are discounted. Discounts are mostly 50%, but only 25% for transport where you see the number “1” inside circle near the dotted line. There are a few grey lines on the map as well, which indicate transport that is not covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. Dashed red lines on the map are railway tunnels, all of which are on routes that are free with the Swiss Travel Pass.

http://www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity

>> Where can I check for the boat timings

All public transport in Switzerland, including boats, is included in the Swiss Timetable. Chantal has already given you the link.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 May 2018 at 21:19:05 #884516

Both the routes are totally different. Lauterbrunnen has more waterfalls where as Grindelwald has good landscapes. You could cover any of these based on the weather. But both the routes are must see.

• The thread ‘Where to change from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.