Not hectic itinerary for week Switzerland in Oct

• Richa_n_khai
    Participant
    4 posts
    13 July 2018 at 20:19:04 #817256

Hi

We family of three (including a 3 yr old) planning to visit swiss in Oct starting. We have plan for 6 nights 7 days.

Will be traveling mostly by train. Please help me with not so hectic itenery and kindly suggest some places with pocket friendly but safe accommodation.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    14 July 2018 at 10:36:32 #891322

Hi Richa, welcome to MySwissAlps!

The below pages will help you to prepare and make an itinerary that suits your needs. Once you have a basic version, feel free to post it here for feedback.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    14 July 2018 at 19:01:55 #891323

<<“with pocket friendly but safe accommodation. “>>

You’ll have difficulty finding unsafe accommodations in Switzerland, although it is not impossible.

😉

Slowpoke

Richa_n_khai
    Participant
    4 posts
    15 July 2018 at 13:08:48 #891324

Thank you so much for your replies….I appreciate.

we will be landing in Zurich on 30th Sep morning and will directly head towards Lucerne which we choose as our 1st base.

We will be staying in lucerne for four nights I.e; till 4th October.

Can you please help me to choose another base town to stay for next 3 nights of my trip .

And was looking to buy a travel pass so please suggest that for how many days shall i buy it for and can I get a good deal on the same .

looking forward for your suggestions 🙂

Arno
    15484 posts
    15 July 2018 at 14:13:34 #891325

Hi Richa,

Some of the towns/regions below might interest you for another 3 nights:

I recommend to look into a travel pass once your itinerary is set. If you are looking for the cheapest option, then you can find instructions here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    15 July 2018 at 15:32:54 #891326

Hi Richa –

Arno has given you some good options. My personal favorite would be the Jungfrau region. Many people choose it as their first or second base. Quite extensive; lots to see and do.

I think you meant to say that you would travel in the beginning of October. Still good. During October, you get closer to Winter, have a chance of worsening weather as the month progresses, and in November only a few places are open…talking a break and fixing up before the ski season in December.

The attached was taken on October 3rd, 2004. Fall colors in the vegetation.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Not hectic itinerary for week Switzerland in Oct’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.