Wengen accomodation: Belvedere or Arenas Resort

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 January 2020 at 9:29:07 #824877

HI All,

After finally getting the iternary sorted I am now trying to book accommodation in Wengen . Shortlisted with following 2 hotels .Total 4N stay in mId may – Hotel Belvedere Double room with Jungfrau (not sure if this comes with Balcony ) or Arenas Resort – Panaroma Superior double room with Jungfrau view (comes with a balcony) my only concern with this is it may be too close to the train station so unsure of the train noise and if the rooms will be facing the train station.Any thoughts or tips. Any other hotels recommendations in a similar price range

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    13 January 2020 at 21:45:18 #927919

Hi MPP321

Over the years we have stayed in the Silberhorn in rooms with balconies that overlook the station. The Silberhorn is probably the closest hotel to the station and we don’t find it at all noisy. We enjoy watching the trains pull into the station with the Lauterbrunnen Valley in the background. It is part of the attraction of staying in Wengen.

They are not like intercity trains rushing from one city to another. The trains are slow, peaceful mountain trains they all stop at the station. Perhaps you can find some footage on YouTube to see what I mean.

Jane

pkerr
    Participant
    265 posts
    14 January 2020 at 3:08:59 #927920

We stayed at the Maya Caprice which is right on the tracks and NEVER heard the train once.

Our room was on the other side of the hotel, away from the tracks with an amazing few of EVERYTHING. 🙂

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2020 at 5:23:11 #927921

Hello MPP3216,

I have never stayed in either, but please find the recommendations of MySwissAlps below:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/wengen/hotels

Best,
    Steph

Maloja_Snake
    Participant
    82 posts
    14 January 2020 at 12:43:13 #927922

Hi,

I haven’t been there, but one of my favorite webcams, which I visit regularly, is from the Belvedere in Wengen: bellevue.roundshot.com/ Sorry,wrong hotel, but beautiful live shot of weather and views in Wengen.

Jayjay
    Participant
    15 posts
    19 January 2020 at 22:36:32 #927923

For the past 16 years I have stayed in the Belvedere hotel. The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming. You need a room on the 4th or 5th floor, south facing with a balcony. My only criticism of the hotel is that the food is never very hot, hence the reason I won’t be returning this year but will be staying in the Falken Hotel instead.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    25 January 2020 at 0:18:34 #927924

The trains are infrequent, and more likeglorified trams ( trolleys, if you are in the USA).

Forget when you are traveling, but you can close the multipane windows in Swiss hotel rooms, almost always. They are nearly sound proof.

Even in August in the Alps.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Wengen accomodation: Belvedere or Arenas Resort’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.