Wengen to Jungfraujoch by train

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2019 at 20:02:14 #823813

Is this Correct ticketing One way with Swiss Half-Fare Card from Wengen to Jungfraujoch(Top of Europe)? There is nothing additional except paying for a return ticket ? Here is a screenshot that I took from SBB. Thank you in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    10 September 2019 at 21:37:25 #922035

I’d pay CHF88 and get a return ticket. It’s a hell of a hike back down from Jungfraujoch! 😉

The official pricelist is here.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2019 at 22:02:26 #922036

Hahaha!! For some reason I kept looking at advertised fares from (Lauterbrunnen to Jungfraujoch) or (Grindelwald to Jungfraujoch) which I was wrong when filling in my Spreadsheet. Thanks again!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2019 at 5:47:39 #922037

Hi CraigE,

are you using the calculation spreadsheet, that helps you to choose the best rail pass, from here: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass? Can you manage it or do you need some help?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 September 2019 at 13:44:26 #922038

Yes, I am using the spreadsheet. I’m not having a problem using it. I was having a slight problem finding the correct fares for each leg of my journey and which passes covered the routes that I wish to travel. For my journey I am pretty confident that a combination of a Swiss Half Fare Card and a 4 or 5 Day Jungfrau Travel Pass (depending if I wish to take a boat ride on Lake Brienz) will work best. I will be taking boats in Lugano & Locarno. Also, taking the Gotthard Panorama Express from Lugano with boat leg on Lake Lucerne toward Wengen. It might be enough boat! LOL !! Thank you for your offer of assistance!

• The thread ‘Wengen to Jungfraujoch by train’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.