Which is nearer to Luzern- Mt.Titlis or Pilatus

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    1 August 2011 at 14:28:21 #804552

Hi, Back with a a few more questions:

1.We would be in Luzern on 27 th aug and half day on 28th as we would be proceeding to Interlaken late that evening.I want to see Mt. Titlis and Pilatus.Which is nearer so we could do that on the second day since we have only half day.The longer trip can be done on first day.

2.I have 2 days in interlaken.One day we would do jungfrau and spend time in grindelwald on the way back.any suggestions for 2nd day there?

3.We have 1 and 1/2 days in Montreux.I have half a day planned for lausanne and chillon castle.Any suggestions for second day: cheese choclate factories or vevey-lavaux?

Once again want to mention how much I have begun to appriciate this forum and thank you for such a commendable job!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    3 August 2011 at 10:50:16 #833688

Hello Kavitha! You can check traveling times using the timetable. Pilatus is very close to Lucerne, Titlis requires a longer trip. There’s a lot to do in the Interlaken region. You may like a boat trip over one of the lakes, a short hike, and so on. This day trip overview may help you select a plan for the 2nd day of your stay. As for your days in Montreux: both options would be nice. The vineyards may be better if weather is fine, the Chocolate Train trip if it’s rainy.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2011 at 11:25:59 #833689

If you are in Luzern, going to Pilatus and Mt Titlis are very easy.
    I have the train schedule of Pilatus during my last year visit, please find attached.
    From Luzern to Engelberg you can go by train, every hour and it takes only less than an hour.
    If you start early in the morning, let say 07.00 from Luzern, I am sure you will be able to go back in Luzern at 13.00 o’clock.

In Interlaken you can go to Harder Kulm, cost CHF 25 for the Train v.v.. You can take a bush walk if you like it.
    Or, boat trip over the lakes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 August 2011 at 11:39:13 #833690

You can explore the Pilatus through this link http://www.pilatus.ch/en/
    Mt Titlis http://www.titlis.ch/en/titlis/titlis_info/getting_here/ride_upt_to_mt_titlis

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 August 2011 at 12:04:29 #833691

Thank you so much.:-)So, Titlis on the first day and pilatus the 2nd.

• The thread ‘Which is nearer to Luzern- Mt.Titlis or Pilatus’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.