What is the Swiss Coupon Pass?
It's a booklet with 100 coupons offering discounts on dining, attractions and city tours in and near 11 Swiss towns:
You only need to use a few coupons in order to save money.
How does it work?
You need to take the pass along during your day trips, and show it to the staff to get your discount. In case of restaurants you should do so before ordering. In case of reservations you need to mention the Swiss Coupon Pass discount while booking. The coupons cannot be accumulated with other discounts.
In many cases you pay for one person and receive the same service for the second person: the "2 for 1" offers. There are other discounts as well.
The Swiss Coupon Pass is valid until November 30, 2018.
Some of the best discounts
- 2 for 1 discount on the Snow Fun Park at the Jungfraujoch;
- 20% discount on a round trip from Zermatt to the Gornergrat for 2 people;
- 2 for 1 discount on an upgrade ticket from 2nd to 1st class for the boats on Lake Thun or Lake Brienz;
- 2 for 1 discount on tickets to the Swiss Miniatur park near Lugano;
- 2 for 1 discount on the Lavaux Express across the vineyards of Lake Geneva;
- 2 for 1 discount on entrance to the Emmental show dairy;
- 2 for 1 discount on entrance to the Swiss Museum of Transport in Lucerne;
- Various discounts on Asian and Indian restaurants, as well as traditional Swiss dishes. Restaurants in scenic places are included as well. For example: lunch cruises on Lake Thun and Lake Brienz, and restaurants at Rigi Staffel and Eiger glacier.
For all Swiss Coupon Pass discounts, please see www.swissrailways.com/ en/ products/ swisscouponpass.
For discounted cable cars and cogwheel trains into the mountains, you need a rail pass.
Tips for maximum savings
Be sure to read the promotion details. Some are time restricted, like restaurant Atelier in Basel, which offers discounts during lunch time only. Other are subject to availability, like the the upgrade to 1st class on the Bernina Express, which needs to be arranged for on board.
Careful planning is required. It helps to first check the coupons in the booklet and then finalize your plans based on that.