Sep 12, 2014 - 12:41 PM
Hello train travelers,
Please find below the major changes for the Swiss Travel System rail passes in 2015:
- The Swiss Pass will be renamed to "Swiss Travel Pass". It will be available for 3, 4, 8 and 15 consecutive days. The passes for 22-days and 1-month, and the Saver formula, will be discontinued. The regular prices will be at the level of the former Saver prices (slightly more). Thus, the pass is going to be cheaper for solo travelers.
- The Swiss Flexi Pass will be renamed to "Swiss Travel Pass Flex". It will be available for 3, 4, 8 or 15 days within one month. The 5- and 6-days passes will be discontinued. Similar to the Swiss Travel Pass, the Saver formula will be discontinued.
- The Swiss Half Fare Card will be available at a 50% discount if combined with a Swiss Transfer Ticket or Swiss Travel Pass Flex. The standard price will remain unchanged.
- The Swiss Card and Swiss Peak Pass will be discontinued.
- There will be cheaper Youth versions of both the Swiss Travel Pass and the Swiss Travel Pass Flex.
With two passes less to choose from, we feel that the new set of passes makes it slightly easier for travelers to decide what to buy. It's a pity that the Swiss Pass for longer periods will no longer be available, but the combination of the Swiss Travel Pass Flex and Swiss Half Fare Card will be a good alternative for most travelers.
All of the above goes into effect on January 1, 2015. Passes purchased in 2014 for traveling in 2015 will remain valid, probably until March 31, 2015. Your reseller will inform you if there are any consequences for your trips.
For all the details about the new passes, please see here: www.myswissalps.com/swissrailpasses
I wish you beautiful journeys in 2015!
Last modified on Dec 28, 2014 - 12:41 PM by Arno