Where to go for affordable food in Zermatt?

• Ohman_91
    Participant
    65 posts
    13 November 2018 at 17:56:06 #818939

Good evening,

I will stay in Zermatt for two days and I’m wondering;

Are there any “affordable” little places to buy some food for around 10-15 CHF in Zermatt that you can recommend? And I’m not thinking about high quality restaurant food, maybe just a panini/pizza/other sandwiches/hot dogs/burger etc, just this easy kind of food that you can take away/on the go if you want 🙂

Thank you in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Danielsan
    Participant
    634 posts
    14 November 2018 at 2:21:25 #899043

Hi Ohman,

I found things pretty expensive in Zermatt. If you walk up toward the church from the train station, on Bahnhofsrasse, on the left hand side I found a wursteria. A stand outside a store ( I don’t remember the actual store itself) was selling bratts, or some large wursts for about 6 or 8 Fr. That’s about all I saw, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any more like that. But it’s about maybe less than a hundred meters up on the left. I had to walk down to the train station to find a place to sit and eat it. It was just served on a paper plate, roll, dog, mustard and on my way. That was in September, I don’t know if they do it in the cold weather months. Good luck. Have fun. It is not an inexpensive place to visit.

Danielsan

Arno
    15483 posts
    14 November 2018 at 6:36:28 #899044

Hello Ohman,

If you go to the Coop supermarket across from the train station (at Bahnhofplatz 6), then you’ll find various kinds of take away food there, for varying prices.

Ohman_91
    Participant
    65 posts
    14 November 2018 at 14:12:09 #899045

Thanks for the tips guys 🙂 I will check if I can find that wursteria and I will also buy some from the supermarket!

I’m only there for two days, so it won’t be too expensive for me anyways 🙂

jrecm
    Participant
    14 posts
    15 November 2018 at 3:00:01 #899046

We found the roast chicken to be a very good value at Wilde Hilde Metzggasse 2, Zermatt. It is take out, cash only and it’s near the main Catholic Church.

Ohman_91
    Participant
    65 posts
    18 November 2018 at 11:47:08 #899047

Thanks jrecm, that sounds delicious! 🙂 I will check it up!

• The thread ‘Where to go for affordable food in Zermatt?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.