Can I visit Aescher restaurant in late Dec?

• Kellyzoena
    Participant
    3 posts
    26 June 2022 at 13:51:46 #827606

I would love to visit the restaurant,understand that the restaurant is closed and its gonna cover in snow.

Can anyone who visited it in winter let me know please, if this is a feasible way to travel there?

My plan is to take the cable car up and return trip. On website, it is noted that there would be 15-20 min. walks.

As long as I see the restaurant I would be happy.

Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    26 June 2022 at 14:48:52 #943625

Hi Kellyzoena, welcome to MySwissAlps!

Unfortunately the cable car to Ebenalp is closed for maintenance from late November to late December: http://www.ebenalp.ch/en/information#timetable. So I’m afraid the Aescher restaurant isn’t a suitable destination for your trip.

(Early) December is low season, and more mountain destinations wil be closed due to maintenance. But there are still lots of other beautiful trips to be made.I hope the below information helps you find alternatives:

Let us know if you have further questions!

Kellyzoena
    Participant
    3 posts
    26 June 2022 at 23:04:46 #943626

Hi Arno,

thanks for your informative advise.

What about the hiking? I saw there are also routes for hiking as well. Not sure if the route is closed as well due to snow ?

Apart from that, the websites you provided is a great resource. I will definitely read through those.

thanks-kelly

Anna
    6362 posts
    27 June 2022 at 2:11:53 #943627

Hi Kelly,

If the Ebenalp car isn’t running, it’s possible to hike up the mountain if you wish but the trail might be a little steep and dangerous in winter. An easier option would be to follow the trail to Seealpsee, which won’t require the use of the cable car. The trail starts from Wasserauen, where the cable car valley station is located, and it is mostly on asphalted road (some parts are quite steep by the way). But I can’t guarantee the restaurant will be open in December.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

Kellyzoena
    Participant
    3 posts
    27 June 2022 at 3:09:42 #943628

All good, thanks Anna!

These are very helpful!

• The thread ‘Can I visit Aescher restaurant in late Dec?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.