Best restaurants Wengen, Montreux, Zurich, Luzern

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2017 at 9:13:56 #813336

Hi!

My family will be in Switzerland for 16 days in October and will be visiting Lauterbrunnen, Wengen, Bern, Vevey, Montreux, Lucerne and Zurich. We will be staying in apartments and will be preparing our meals most of the time. For the times that we are eating out, we would love a good meal and I would appreciate any advice! I know eating out is super expensive in Switzerland. So I guess I’ll be budgeting around 50CHF per pax. That’s sufficient right?

For the places that I will be visiting,

Where’s the best cheese fondue and rosti?

Any must-haves dishes that are unique to Switzerland?

Any local snacks/chocolates that are highly recommended (e.g. Licorice in Iceland, though we are honestly not fans of them)

I did some research and have some places in mind to try in Wengen (Hotel Schoenegg and the pizza place from Kim’s report!!) and Lucerne (Wirtshaus Taube and Pfistern).

I would love any other recommendations! Thanks in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 September 2017 at 15:01:54 #870098

In Zurich I recommend Vulcan for outstanding Indian food. It is located near the train station. Of course check TripAdvisor as well.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 September 2017 at 9:04:33 #870099

Hi Slothrabbit,

I can give you some tips for Zurich – 50chf per person would be fine most of the time. Main courses at restaurants tend to start around 25chf and go up from there.

I haven’t had a fondue or rösti I haven’t liked yet! But try out these places if you can: Chäsalp or the Swiss Chuchi at the Hotel Adler.
    The local specialty in Zurich is Zürcher Geschnetzeltes: Thin strips of veal with a mushroom cream sauce, often served with rösti. Also, most Italien restaurants serve great Risotto as well.

Head to Paradaplatz in Zurich and grab coffee and cake/chocolate at the Sprüngli cafe as well.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 September 2017 at 16:05:03 #870100

Thank you Lucas!

Zürcher Geschnetzeltes looks AMAZING. I will definitely try that.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    27 September 2017 at 9:05:02 #870101

For the Jungfraregion-

http://www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/tips-about-wengen-and-the-jungfrau-region-by-kim

Lucas has given good information about the food costs. If you wish to have some wine, it is common to for restaurants to have a few “open” wines available by the deciliter ( 100 ml, about 3.3 fluid ounces if you are from the USA) at prices ranging from about 5 to as much a 10 CHF ( for better wines) per deci.

Alcohol in the form of wine can add substantially to the cost of a meal; beer is a less costly approach.

Slowpoke

• The thread ‘Best restaurants Wengen, Montreux, Zurich, Luzern’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.