Salt prepaid sim card for use in Switzerland

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2019 at 12:58:37 #821406

Hi All

Want to know about Salt Pre Pay Sim card –

it has been mentioned on it’s website 20 CHF initial credit with 1.99 CHF/day unlimited surf 4G, 0.49/call (national) switzerland and international call charges according to country EX. India .025 CHF/min

Question is if i want to use this sim for data only is it possible? and as per their website 1.99 CHF / day unlimited surf – i can use initial credit 20 CHF for surfing only for 10 days, after that if i want to use it for data only – What are the data recharge options on daily basis? As we’re in switzerland for 13 days so i need data recharge for another 3 days.

Also suggest other only data sim card options other then salt pre pay.

Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 May 2019 at 13:33:05 #911395

Hi Dr Manish,

I have no experience of the SIM card you mention so I will let others comment.

You can find offers for other SIM card packages for your trip to Switzerland here: http://www.myswissalps.com/si mcard

Hope you can choose the best and most cost-effective alternative!

All the best for your trip.

Maria.

Amitrp
    Participant
    33 posts
    4 May 2019 at 4:35:34 #911396

Drmanish,

I am presently in Switzerland and I am using Salt sim card. I am using it only for data. You can top up the sim if you want to call home. I am very satisfied with their service.

Secondly,for calling home: if you have Jio Sim then you can register for international roaming by paying ₹.1101 . On which you get ₹.1200 worth of talk time @₹.2 per minute. The number remains same.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 May 2019 at 5:32:50 #911397

I used the Salt Prepay SIM for data only when I visited Switzerland in 2017. It was great. At that time the initial price was CHF10 and for that you got CHF20 credit so effectively 10 days of 4G surfing. The purchase price has now increased to CHF19.99 but you still get CHF20 credit so it is still extremely good value in my opinion. The coverage was terrific all over Switzerland.

I was visiting from Australia and I had a Dual SIM phone so I could still receive SMS and calls on my Australian SIM while accessing the internet for data only on the Salt SIM. You can of course use the internet for Skype or Whatsapp in order to keep in touch with friends and family back home.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2019 at 6:05:56 #911398

Thanks Amitrp & Rockoyster for your reply
    @ Amitrp for calling I’m going for jio only and do you have any idea about data top up in salt prepay because I need 3 day top up as we’re for 13 days in Switzerland and with 20Chf credit with salt prepay I can use it for 10 days
    So please tell me if you know about data top up options and charges/validity for the same
    You’ve purchased sim from Switzerland or online?
    Thanks

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    4 May 2019 at 6:21:38 #911399

The FAQ at http://www.salt.ch/en/faq/pay -and-recharge/ describes the options for recharging. I know I did a CHF20 recharge because I needed an extra 10 days. I am not sure what the minimum recharge amount is. It may well be CHF20 but could be CHF10. Can’t see any mention of it on the Salt website.

Amitrp
    Participant
    33 posts
    4 May 2019 at 18:35:16 #911400

Hi Drmanish,

Yes you can buy data plan for 15 days also at the Salt Swisscom kiosk at the airport itself. The rate remains same i.e. CHF 2.00 per day.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2019 at 5:06:00 #911401

Hello,

I wanted to know whether salt sim card is only valid in Switzerland or can it be used in France and Germany as well?

Also I found this http://www.onesimcard.com/int ernational-sim-card/ for Europe. They have a card for 19.95 .Does anyone know about this?

I need data plan for Suiss , France and Germany.

Thanks and regards,

Geet

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    15 May 2019 at 5:20:57 #911402

Salt is Switzerland only. I spent a little time in Konstanz which is just over the border in Germany. It connected to either Salt or roaming on the German Telecom network depending on which way the wind was blowing.

There are some broader European coverage options listed at http://www.myswissalps.com/si mcard.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2019 at 6:14:43 #911403

Hi DrManish

I used salt (data only ) sim for my 14 day trip and started with a default sim which comes with 20 CHF credit that lasted me to 10 days and then topped up with another 10 CHF .

Hope that helps

Thanks

R

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 May 2019 at 6:54:12 #911404

Geet

check the data charges for that sim. They seem pretty high.

• The thread ‘Salt prepaid sim card for use in Switzerland’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10960 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.