Swiss Travel Pass 25% off until 11 December 2021

• Arno
    15471 posts
    1 November 2021 at 5:45:53 #803682

Hello travelers,

A big announcement: if you buy a Swiss Travel Pass no later than 11 December 2021, you will get a 25% discount! You’ll be able to pick a start date up to 11 months in the future. The pass can be cancelled for free.

So, you can buy a discounted pass for almost all of 2022 without risk. Even with prices in 2022 dropping, this promotion is still better.

This is basically the same promotion as in July 2021. Swiss Travel Pass promotions are rarely this good, so I am happy it is available again.

To get the 25% discount, please visit one of these websites:

Details:

• The discount applies to the Swiss Travel Pass and Swiss Travel Pass Flex. This includes the cheaper Youth versions of these passes (double discount!), and both 2nd and 1st class.
    • The 6-day pass that will be introduced in 2022 is not available in this promotion.
    • Only available online, and only between 11 November and 11 December 2021.
    • You need to pick a start date while purchasing.
    • The 25% discount is relative to the 2021 pass prices. If you buy a pass for 2022, the relative discount might be less depending on the exact pass, because most 2022 regular prices are lower. The promotion is still better than waiting until 2022 with your purchase.
    • All you need to know about the Swiss Travel Pass: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass.
    • All you need to know about the Swiss Travel Pass Flex: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpassflex.
    • Always read the fine print of the website you buy from.
    • You can check http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/promotions (Swiss Travel Pass) and http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpassflex/promotions (Swiss Travel Pass Flex) for discounts at any time, even after this promotion.

Enjoy your trips!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Ms_Orbit
    Participant
    13 posts
    1 November 2021 at 17:52:14 #937169

Hi All,

The Swiss Travel Pass discount is a great news as we are planning to visit Switzerland next year!

My understanding with the Swiss Travel Pass is that it requires my passport to purchase. However, my passport is being renewed and I will receive a new passport with a different number. The process time is 14 weeks and thus I won’t receive my new passport until mid–February. Can I update my passport number after I purchased the Pass?

Thanks!

Laurae
    Participant
    47 posts
    1 November 2021 at 23:52:33 #937170

Great news! Thanks so much for posting. I took advantage of the 25% discount in July of 2021 for my August trip and next year I’m bringing four friends over for their first ever visit to this beautiful country. Your post will save us some money–all the more to buy chocolate with!

kawaiiis
    Participant
    1 post
    2 November 2021 at 5:11:50 #937171

Hi, I will be in Switzerland from 20 Nov to 16 Dec 2021. Would I be able to buy the pass at 25% discount?

As it is a long stay and I am hoping to see more of the country, which pass or combination of passes should I get? I visited Zurich, Basel and Interlaken 2 decades ago. This time round, I hope to take all the panoramic express trains and do some hiking.

Appreciate any advice. Thanks.

bel

Anna
    6274 posts
    2 November 2021 at 6:24:17 #937172

Hi Ms Orbit,

Based on the terms and conditions, the details on the Swiss Travel Pass should match the particulars of the passholder. If the passport numbers don’t match, there could potentially be issues when you travel. We’re not sure if it’s possible to update the details after purchase. We need to clarify this with the service provider and hope to get back to you soon.

Regards,

Anna

Anna
    6274 posts
    2 November 2021 at 6:31:26 #937173

Hi bel,

Welcome to MySwissAlps.

Yes, to qualify for the 25% discount, you need to order the Swiss Travel Pass during the promotional period (11 Nov – 11 Dec 2021). The online links are available on the first post of this thread.

Regarding which pass work best for you if you plan to stay longer, that depends on your itinerary. Have a look here for a step-by-step guide on how to choose the right railpass: http://www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass

Regards,

Anna

Ms_Orbit
    Participant
    13 posts
    2 November 2021 at 7:02:28 #937174

Hi Anna,

When you check with the service provider please check the following as well:

1) Can I use my Driver license photo ID instead of my passport?

2) My old passport will be returned to me along with my new passport. If I purchased the Pass now using my old passport number, will it work if I bring my old passport as proof of identity for the rides?

Thank you for your help!

Emilylee
    Participant
    6 posts
    2 November 2021 at 7:55:27 #937175

I have bought several Saver Day Passes, but would like to use this offer instead. Is there a way I can cancel and refund those and buy again on 11 Nov? Will there be charges?

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 November 2021 at 9:11:37 #937176

Hello Ms. Orbit,

1) You will need to fill out the ID of an official travel document, for example a passport or European national ID card.

2) I will try to find out and get back to you.

Arno
    15471 posts
    2 November 2021 at 9:13:21 #937177

Hi Emilylee,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Saver Day Passes are not refundable, please see http://www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass. You can contact the company you purchased from and give it a try, but it will most probably not be possible.

Swede4life
    Participant
    118 posts
    2 November 2021 at 20:39:12 #937178

Since I would purchase the STP months before departure in July 2022 and many things could happen, is the cancellation fee on each ticket still 15% or is it free cancellation? Thanks.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 November 2021 at 9:10:18 #937179

Hi Swede4life,

You’ll be able to pick a start date up to 11 months in the future. And yes, the pass can be cancelled for free.

I hope this helps with your decision 🙂

Ildiko

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 November 2021 at 9:11:25 #937180

Hi Swede4life,

Ildiko is correct: cancellation is free. That’s the basic rule of this promotion. Each website selling this can theoretically ask for a small fee anyway, but they should of course include that in the “fine print”. So be sure to check that out. I don’t expect retailers to ask for a fee though, I don’t think any of them did in July during the other promotion. So yes, you can buy well in advance and cancel if necessary.

Arno
    15471 posts
    3 November 2021 at 9:17:25 #937181

Hi Ms. Orbit,

Your passport number is not printed on the pass (see http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/howtouse), nor should the website you buy from ask for it. Passport numbers were required in the past when passes were still printed on paper. Currently you only need your birth date and full name, exactly as it is printed on your passport. As long as your name does not change, your new passport will be just fine.

I must admit: I totally forgot about this change 🙂 But it actually makes things easier.

Ms_Orbit
    Participant
    13 posts
    3 November 2021 at 17:42:19 #937182

Hi Arno,

Problems solved. Thank you!

I know it sounds ridiculous to take 14+ weeks to renew a passport. I assume our president and congress members don’t need a passport to travel =]

herewego01
    Participant
    1 post
    5 November 2021 at 13:25:13 #937183

Hi,

I will be in Switzerland from 11 Nov’2021-18Nov’2021.

Will I be able to buy the 8day Swiss Travel Pass on 11 Nov’2021 and use it immediately on the day itself?

Arno
    15471 posts
    5 November 2021 at 13:42:01 #937184

Hi Hereweg001,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Many websites selling the passes will e-mail them to you between 5 and 30 minutes after purchase. I suggest to come back to this thread on November 11. The first post will then list the websites offering the promotion. Note that it won’t necessarily be available immediately from midnight. It may take a little while. Alternatively you can also check this page: http://www.myswissalps.com/swisstravelpass/price.

The only possible issue might be the start date: some websites allow to purchase with the same day as the start date, and others allow to pick the next day at the earliest. So you may not be able to buy from any website but I’m sure there will be one you can use. If you need help: we’re here on the 11th as well.

Sohailghori
    Participant
    29 posts
    6 November 2021 at 6:17:58 #937185

Thanks for sharing information as I am planning for August 2022 and will buy Swiss Pass with 25% discount

only thing is it says

Jungfraujoch Promotion: Buy a Swiss Travel Pass together with the Jungfraujoch excursion and get the a digital Swiss Coupon Pass for free. (Value CHF 39.-)

can someone please explain this and also if I buy together both so that Jungfraujock cancelation is also free or at some fees

thanks

sohail

canada

Anna
    6274 posts
    6 November 2021 at 8:33:11 #937186

Hi Sohailgori,

You can find details about the Swiss Travel Pass + Jungfraujoch excursion promo here: http://www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/free-swiss-coupon-pass-with-your-swiss-travel-pass

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15471 posts
    6 November 2021 at 16:44:33 #937187

Hi Sohail,

The promotion you mentioned is available now and you’ll find more details through Anna’s link. The 25% off promotions will be available from November 11. Please get back to the first post in this thread on November 11 as we’ll provide updates that day.

Sohailghori
    Participant
    29 posts
    6 November 2021 at 16:54:01 #937188

Thanks Arno and Anna

will do that

sohail

Viewing 20 replies - 1 through 20 (of 69 total)
  • The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass 25% off until 11 December 2021’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.