Swiss Travel Pass and SBB mobile app

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 August 2018 at 22:04:03 #817990

Hello All,

I have recently purchased a Swiss Travel Pass (8-day) and I did receive an email with PDF version of the pass which needs to be printed out.

I now downloaded the SBB Mobile app created a log in for myself, using which I am able to login. Now,

1) Unable to add my Swiss Pass to my account. Mobile app as well SBB website.

2) Is it necessary for me to add the pass to my account?

3) Did any one else have this issue? I really want to add my pass to my mobile app because I do not want to carry a piece of paper with me all the time I am travelling.

Thanks,

Harikishan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15478 posts
    21 August 2018 at 6:42:23 #894685

Hi Harikishan,

The app is convenient to check train schedules, but other than that you do not need it. You don’t need a login either.

1) 2) This is not possible and not needed. If you see any references to a SwissPass you can ignore that. It’s not the same thing as a Swiss Travel Pass: http://www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/swisspass

3) You can keep the PDF file on your phone and show that to the train staff. They may ask for the actual printout though. Officially you still need to have it, so be sure to print the pass and take it along. You can fold it so it will be very small and lightweight. Much better than the thick paper and plastic folder they used to mail to people 🙂 Just don’t fold the QR code to make sure it can be scanned easily.

Enjoy your trips!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 August 2018 at 16:05:08 #894686

Thank you for the reply!

We shall use the paper based Pass and maybe use the mobile app for the timetables.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass and SBB mobile app’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.