Swiss Travel Pass & SBB Mobile App

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 April 2019 at 22:44:23 #821224

Does anyone know if I could add my Swiss Travel Pass ticket to the SBB Mobile app? I purchased the ticket on HappyRail.com. It does state on the ticket that can show the ticket to staff from the SBB Mobile App but can’t figure out a way to do it.

thanks!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    25 April 2019 at 22:49:01 #910448

You can show the PDF of the Swiss Travel Pass on your mobile phone but not via the SBB app. Always keep your paper copy handy just in case;

• your battery goes flat
    • you come up against a pedantic ticket inspector.
    rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 April 2019 at 2:38:20 #910449

From the itunes app store:

“The available features of SBB Mobile are constantly being expanded. However, the following features are not yet available:

• Extension tickets

• International tickets

• Swiss travelcards”

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2019 at 3:30:38 #910450

I was so disappointed when I emailed sbb to find out why I couldn’t see my tickets bought from them. They told me (after I’d bought them) that if you buy the tickets or passes as a guest then you can’t link them to the sbb app. You have to have signed up and be logged in to link them.

You can’t link anything you have bought from another site.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    26 April 2019 at 3:41:59 #910451

Oh dear Paddington. You have to set up and account with SBB. Once you do that you can see all the tickets you buy whether via the app or via their website.

From the SBB Mobile app FAQ:

Are tickets I purchased at sbb.ch available in the app?

Yes, as long as you purchased them using the same SwissPass login. All tickets are listed under the tile “Journeys and tickets”. iPhone users can also add all their purchased tickets directly to the Apple Wallet. These tickets will then appear automatically on the device’s home screen on the day that they are valid.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2019 at 3:44:50 #910452

Thank you!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    26 April 2019 at 4:39:54 #910453

I know! Where were you when I needed you?

It’s ok. I have saved them all as a pdf to my “books” app and can easily access them from there.

• The thread ‘Swiss Travel Pass & SBB Mobile App’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.