Holidays in Switzerland
Apart from national holidays, there are holidays and events that are different per canton and region. Below are the most important public holidays, when most Swiss people have the day off and shops are closed.
- January 1: New Year's Day
- A Sunday and Monday in March or April (the date varies): Easter and Easter Monday
- A Thursday, the 40th day after Eastern (the date varies): Ascension Day
- A Sunday and Monday in May or June (the date varies): White Sunday and Monday
- August 1: Swiss National Holiday
- December 25 and 26: Christmas